Brand New ASUS Rog GL703GS Screen Flickering/Glitching

24 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

It's not ASUS, dudes. I had one of their EeBooks and it worked fine.

Like Brandon said, get the business class, 100x better than any consumer grade.

Can even get Walmart's:

You had a bottom of the barrel machine that was far less complex. I am not shocked you saw no issues. Also, how can you say it’s not ASUS and then recommend a  business class or Walmart brand, neither of which will be provided by ASUS?

• Sad 1

That Walmart brand was a joke. I don't see you laughing.

I'm saying it's not ASUS, because EVERY manufacturer on Earth has issues. He just has a bad pick out of the haystack.

I recommend business class because they are the top of the line. Did I say "Get a business class laptop!" No, I was just referring to them, as Brandon said.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

I'm saying it's not ASUS, because EVERY manufacturer on Earth has issues. He just has a bad pick out of the haystack.

I recommend business class because they are the top of the line. Did I say "Get a business class laptop!" No, I was just referring to them, as Brandon said.

I agree. I bought two Alienware laptops, first one just kept on breaking, and second one, had some issues (Overheating, which I fixed by applying a better paste), but Alienware fixed it within days. (When I told them the machine was overheating, they sent a tech with a brand new cooling assembly. Imo, it was overkill, but the tech agreed to apply my own thermal paste, Grizzly Kryonaut, and now temps never go over 70c.)

3 minutes ago, Farchord said:

I agree. I bought two Alienware laptops, first one just kept on breaking, and second one, had some issues (Overheating, which I fixed by applying a better paste), but Alienware fixed it within days. (When I told them the machine was overheating, they sent a tech with a brand new cooling assembly. Imo, it was overkill, but the tech agreed to apply my own thermal paste, Grizzly Kryonaut, and now temps never go over 70c.)

Hey, as long as it works in the end. :D 

No the screen flicker issue on the Rog series is unique to that model. When I bought a rog not even on the floor 6 months it took asus 2 months after that to address the issue. They will more likely replace the videocard with one with a bios on the video card updated so the issue will be gone. A business class laptop is not for gaming because I use one for modeling and the video cards are quadro.....

1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

You are the one who recommended Walmart lol. 

9 minutes ago, SystmSix said:

A business class laptop is not for gaming because I use one for modeling and the video cards are quadro.....

Actually, some business class laptops are meant for video editing, which need to be of gaming grade to be useful.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

You are the one who recommended Walmart lol. 

there is no laughter in your soul...

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Actually, some business class laptops are meant for video editing, which need to be of gaming grade to be useful.

there is no laughter in your soul...

Nope. Only the jokes worth laughing at. 

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Nope. Only at jokes worth laughing at. 

Explain? I know some that are gaming range. They are not made for gaming, though, they do have the throughput.

3 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Explain? I know some that are gaming range. They are not made for gaming, though, they do have the throughput.

Now this one I will laugh at (you quoted me). 🤣

To answer though, there is a difference between business and prosumer models. You are thinking prosumer. 

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Now this one I will laugh at (you quoted me). 🤣

To answer though, there is a difference between business and prosumer models. You are thinking prosumer. 

And you quoted me, what is the point?

Just stop trying to be a know-it-all, because you aren't...

22 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

And you quoted me, what is the point?

Just stop trying to be a know-it-all, because you aren't...

Here is my point. Look closely at what you quoted. I don’t know it all but I know how to follow a conversation. The only person acting like a know it all here is you. 

3F8205FF-3C8B-43BE-B99A-668188CF4A79.png

30 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Here is my point. Look closely at what you quoted. I don’t know it all but I know how to follow a conversation. The only person acting like a know it all here is you. 

3F8205FF-3C8B-43BE-B99A-668188CF4A79.png

That was in response to what you quoted...

9 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

That was in response to what you quoted...

How does your answer fit with, “Nope, only jokes worth laughing at” ????? 

No no need to answer, this conversation is way too schizophrenic for me. 🖖