• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Customer support

Recommended Posts

Bruinator    42

I was wondering how you ppl deal with it? To me, the CS is abroad an 95% of them dont know what they are doing. They just punch in a question on their computer and read what the screens says,IMO its mostly wrong. I am sick and F'ing tired of dealing with these countries. What do you do to avoid dealing with them?

 

To me, customer support was sooo much better in the 90's compared to now. You could actually get the correct answer within a few minutes instead of dealing with CS from other places which usually lasts an hour or longer. I know in the US it occurs as well but not nearly as often. These ppl arent technical not supportive.

 

How do you deal with it? Sorry for my rant.

 

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    13,400

Yep, everything is outsourced. I once called for support for something an got an American speaking perfect English, I was soooo happy. I think I even told them I was happy.  I think it was for an RMA or something. Whatever it was for, because I could understand him and he could understand me, it was less than a 5 min phone call.

 

It's so bad that usually "Loath" calling for a warranty return.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,736

Rant on! :punk:

 

Anyway, I hate them, too. But as I am hard of hearing, I prefer to use live chat. Or rather, tickets. Some of them are stupid, I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DConnell    6,584
4 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

I was wondering how you ppl deal with it? To me, the CS is abroad an 95% of them dont know what they are doing. They just punch in a question on their computer and read what the screens says,IMO its mostly wrong. I am sick and F'ing tired of dealing with these countries. What do you do to avoid dealing with them?

 

To me, customer support was sooo much better in the 90's compared to now. You could actually get the correct answer within a few minutes instead of dealing with CS from other places which usually lasts an hour or longer. I know in the US it occurs as well but not nearly as often. These ppl arent technical not supportive.

 

How do you deal with it? Sorry for my rant.

 

Thx

I Bing it myself rather than calling support. The only time I deal with Customer Support is when I need to return/exchange something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon H    3,363

I work for a large corporation here in the US and we have call centers both here and offshore to India and a few other countries.

 

Personally I have a very different experience; our India branch is very good and quite technical with their troubleshooting skills; it's all about whether the company cares enough to have their outsourced departments properly trained. They had leaders from our main US branch go out and do the initial training and all agents are also put through speech training to help them to speak more clearly by diluting their accent.

 

With all this the biggest complaint we usually get about our offshore departments is people just don't want to deal with even the smallest accent; heck people will complain and throw a tantrum that they want to speak with someone in the US when the person they're speaking to is sitting right next to me but just happen to have an accent ...

 

Every company is different with how they handle their offshore teams and I agree some of them aren't well trained or managed but when done right there is no problem having an offshore tech/customer support :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bruinator    42
1 hour ago, warwagon said:

Yep, everything is outsourced. I once called for support for something an got an American speaking perfect English, I was soooo happy. I think I even told them I was happy.  I think it was for an RMA or something. Whatever it was for, because I could understand him and he could understand me, it was less than a 5 min phone call.

 

It's so bad that usually "Loath" calling for a warranty return.

After 3.5 hrs on the phone with Epson, they decided to send me a new printer. It's ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    13,400
10 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

After 3.5 hrs on the phone with Epson, they decided to send me a new printer. It's ridiculous.

Paying the foreign tech support for 12 hours is probably still cheaper than them having to pay for shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.