Do you approve or disapprove of segregation academies for white students?

Do you approve or disapprove of segregation academies for white students?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve or disapprove of segregation academies for white students?

56 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Central Alabama Academy - oh look black students featured in pictures:

https://www.centralalabamabb.com/

Escambia Academy - oh look black students featured in pictures:

https://eacougar.com/

Houston Academy - oh look black students (and teachers) featured in pictures:

https://www.houstonacademy.com/

John T. Morgan Academy - oh look black students (and students of other ethnicities) featured in pictures:

https://www.jtmorganacademy.org/

----

I don't know... @Mockingbird so far it's not looking good for your list.

Central Alabama Academy is defunct. The school doesn't exist anymore.

Escambia Academy is 1% black. Atmore, Alabama is 55% black.

Houston Academy is 2% black. Dothan, Alabama is 33% black

I can't find information on John T. Morgan Academy.

14 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Central Alabama Academy is defunct. The school doesn't exist anymore.

Escambia Academy is 1% black. Atmore, Alabama is 55% black.

Houston Academy is 2% black. Dothan, Alabama is 33% black

I can't find any information on John I. Morgan Academy.

Have you ever thought that this is organic and this is a genuine percentage of white and black students that have joined these schools based on merit, or would you rather have a law to force these schools to have have a much higher percentage of minority students? If you were to force these schools to have a law like that how would it be fair to people who genuinely worked hard and studied hard to get in these schools with little to no hand outs when someone else gets in much easier just because of their skin color? And if something like that were to be enforced wouldn't that alone be the definition of racism?

9 minutes ago, alpha2beta said:

Have you ever thought that this is organic and this is a genuine percentage of white and black students that have joined these schools based on merit, or would you rather have a law to force these schools to have have a much higher percentage of minority students? If you were to force these schools to have a law like that how would it be fair to people who genuinely worked hard and studied hard get these in these schools with little to no hand outs when someone else gets in much easier just because of their skin color? And if something like that were to be enforced wouldn't that alone be the definition of racism?

So what you are saying is that blacks are so lazy that despite Indianola, Mississippi being 79% black, Indianola Academy is only 1% black?

That's pretty hard to believe.

8 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

So what you are saying is that blacks are so lazy that despite Indianola, Mississippi being 79% black, Indianola Academy is only 1% black?

Hard to believe? Possibly? So for example, lets say you're right about this and all of these schools are just plain racist, what do you think should be a solution for this situation?

15 minutes ago, alpha2beta said:

Hard to believe? Possibly? So for example, lets say you're right about this and all of these schools are just plain racist, what do you think should be a solution for this situation?

Admission based on academics would be great.

It's common knowledge (from people around these parts) that these academies admit black students based on their athletic abilities.

• Like 1

I am for segregating learning students from disruptive/trouble making students.   Students who wish to learn should be put into the schools with better teachers.  This isn't a color thing, this is a learning thing.  This doesn't mean take all of the A and B students and put them into great schools, this means put the students who are trying into good schools with the students that are getting the good grades.  I don't want my kids to be exposed to bullying and other garbage that those kids do, and if my kids are disruptive or are bullies they should be taken out of those better schools. 

It shouldn't be based on color or being different.  It should be based on sheer willingness to learn. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jazmac said:

Well we now know were the 1 vote in favor of segregation came from. 

You are incorrect when replying to me in the context that you are implying. Yes I am for segregation but NOT for the reasons you are projecting.  You and that adrenaline guy simply do not read very well. I answered the question saying YES to equal rights. If there are black/latino/whatever schools/colleges, they it is only fair and equal that all races be allowed the same privileges. Why you think whites should not have the same rights as other groups shows YOU seem to be on the racist side.   I am in favor of segregation for MANY traits, how ever, color is not one of them.

Edited by Rippleman

21 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

You are incorrect when replying to me in the context that you are implying. Yes I am for segregation but NOT for the reasons you are projecting.  You and that adrenaline guy simply do not read very well. I answered the question saying YES to equal rights. If there are black/latino/whatever schools/colleges, they it is only fair and equal that all races be allowed the same privileges. Why you think whites should not have the same rights as other groups shows YOU seem to be on the racist side.   I am in favor of segregation for MANY traits, how ever, color is not one of them.

Keep telling yourself that.  It sounds a lot like:

“I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me,” he said.

“You also had some very fine people on both sides,” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Keep telling yourself that.  It sounds a lot like:

“I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me,” he said.

“You also had some very fine people on both sides,” 

All races/colors should have equal rights. If one group of people based on skin color can do it, another group of people based on skin color should not be restricted from said same action. Equal rights is a good thing.

Question to you to show what you are missing: Do YOU believe certain colors/races should have rights/privileges that other colors/races are restricted from having? (it's an easy yes/no question)

Edited by Rippleman

11 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

All races/colors should have equal rights. If one group of people based on skin color can do it, another group of people based on skin color should not be restricted from said same action. Equal rights is a good thing.

Question to you to show what you are missing: Do YOU believe certain colors/races should have rights/privileges that other colors/races are restricted from having? (it's an easy yes/no question)

Exactly my point. You think the issue is about skin color for the sake of fairness.  You need Jesus.  

6 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Exactly my point. You think the issue is about skin color for the sake of fairness.  You need Jesus.  

Look at the question. The question is based on color. I answered based on the question. I do not need a most-likely-ficational-deity.

You avoided answering the question. Let me reword in another way:  "Does Jazmac believe certain colors/races should have rights/privileges that other colors/races do not have and are restricted from having? Yes or No?"

7 hours ago, Rippleman said:

I would support this only for the fact that if all other races can have it, it is only equal that whites can as well. Aside from that, i don't know why anyone would want to be divided based on color.  Color shouldn't matter, only culture, attitude, ability and life-choices should. Before some idiots jump and call me racist, i am in interracial marriage with an interracial child. Point: don't be that guy. 

No, I disagree.

We want and need the races intermingling especially while they're young and still have open minds. The last thing a society wants is segregation of any kind. I'm not even keen on same sex schools as boys especially grow with a warped sense of women and little knowledge of how to interact with them, and vice versa.

8 minutes ago, JR1966 said:

No, I disagree.

We want and need the races intermingling especially while they're young and still have open minds. The last thing a society wants is segregation of any kind. I'm not even keen on same sex schools as boys especially grow with a warped sense of women and little knowledge of how to interact with them, and vice versa.

You, like the adrylne guy and jaz, missed the context of my answer. Never mind.

1 minute ago, Rippleman said:

No, I understand your point clearly. You're stating segregation should be allowed as long as every race or/and color has the same right to do so. I'm not disagreeing with that point at all.

What I posted was the reasons I personally disagree with segregation.

4 minutes ago, JR1966 said:

No, I understand your point clearly. You're stating segregation should be allowed as long as every race or/and color has the same right to do so. I'm not disagreeing with that point at all.

What I posted was the reasons I personally disagree with segregation.

Good good. My answer was based on the question and question alone. I completely disagree (and am against)  a color based privilege system/society. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

I don't think that's what he was saying at all.

6 hours ago, Rippleman said:

Blame everyone else but yourself. If nobody gets the message you intended, maybe, just maybe it’s the not their fault. 🙄You know full well how you worded it was intended to get a rise out of people, otherwise you wouldn’t have made the the “idiots” comment and gone on about your interracial marriage. Just more passive aggressive nonsense on your end and then you cry foul when someone bites on the bait. You are very predictable. 

So let's get this straight... Mockingbird makes a claim that these universities only accept white people, to then later get called out that it's a lie and then cave by claiming they allow some in to meet a quota.  All of that without a single bit of proof.  Surprise surprise...

I got news for you... There's an equally long list of universities that are almost 100% black.  Are you going to claim that those schools also require a quota of a few white people?  What a stupid topic to try to troll people with...

Hey, let's discuss the topic of black-only fraternities, black-only sororities, and black-only scholarships.  You know, the things that are actual segregation in a true and factual form...  Surely you have to be against those, right?  If not, are you cool with white-only versions of those?  How about White Entertainment TV since we have BET.  How about white history month?  One can't be racist and not the other.  Fair is fair...

Admission should be based solely on academic standards. If it can be proven that these schools are discouraging/preventing blacks from enrolling, then they should be nailed for it. Of course, it could be organic, but enrollment numbers alone don't tell you that.

And black colleges should be subject to the same scrutiny. I'm against academic segregation, period.

Why is the approve or disapprove of only academies for white students? There are ones for black students only... Lane University is 100% black by their admission statistics... Why is it only bad for one color? the topic should say "Do you approve or disapprove of segregation in schools?" because black only is just as segregated as white only... and just as wrong... and I don't care about people saying "black people want it that way because they feel more safe" that in itself is racism... because that's exactly why the white people segregated in the old days... they "felt more safe".... among other excuses...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the Media Machine is working.. Dividing the Country, even more, to distract you from, but not limited too,

Child Slavery,

https://www.freedomunited.org/freedom-university/child-slavery/

Sex Trafficking (There have been Billboards put up, and people complain that's insensitive when all they are trying to do is show people how big of an issue it is. But since it's "sex", people don't want to talk about it and act like it doesn't exist.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/how-sex-trafficking-goes-unnoticed-in-america/470166/

Failed War on Drugs

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-branson/the-war-on-drugs-has-fail_1_b_5439312.html

The Fake Opioid Crisis,

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03/17/manufactured-opioid-crisis-a-ploy-to-salvage-war-on-drugs/

15  People own the mainstream media. 15 people control what you see. They have everyone fighting each other to become divided. They manufacture news from grains of nothing to make it a "Hot Topic". 

This is divide and conquer! WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/divide-and-conquer

18 minutes ago, DConnell said:

Admission should be based solely on academic standards. If it can be proven that these schools are discouraging/preventing blacks from enrolling, then they should be nailed for it. Of course, it could be organic, but enrollment numbers alone don't tell you that.

And black colleges should be subject to the same scrutiny. I'm against academic segregation, period.

These segregation academies were founded because white parents don't want sent their kids to public school with black kids.

This is a well established fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

So let's get this straight... Mockingbird makes a claim that these universities only accept white people, to then later get called out that it's a lie and then cave by claiming they allow some in to meet a quota.  All of that without a single bit of proof.  Surprise surprise...

I got news for you... There's an equally long list of universities that are almost 100% black.  Are you going to claim that those schools also require a quota of a few white people?  What a stupid topic to try to troll people with...

Hey, let's discuss the topic of black-only fraternities, black-only sororities, and black-only scholarships.  You know, the things that are actual segregation in a true and factual form...  Surely you have to be against those, right?  If not, are you cool with white-only versions of those?  How about White Entertainment TV since we have BET.  How about white history month?  One can't be racist and not the other.  Fair is fair...

What universities?

I didn't talk about any universities.

Just now, Mockingbird said:

These segregation academies were founded because white parents don't want sent their kids to public school with black kids.

This is a well established fact.

Source? More for my own edification than dispute.

That's why I said they should be looked into. And the all-black schools should be similarly investigated. There's no justification for segregation, regardless of who is doing it. Why do you single out white-only segregation when there's the same thing going on with black schools? It's wrong in either case.

• Like 3