CSS Busted In Comments Sections

9 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Replies being lumped with quotes, cats laying with dogs, the world is ending. 

Thought it was something on my end for the past few days. Thanks for bringing this up.

Yea, it is messed up.  Thought I had found a temp solution by doing a quick edit > save ... and the post would appear correctly.  However, refreshing the page would screw it up again.

I was like ...

Capture.thumb.JPG.6007a79e392e087085d1274edf7d1339.JPG

woot woot!

and then after refreshing the page ...

Capture1.thumb.JPG.dd6c96ecab8ac1d341d5d6861177ffaf.JPG

awww  :( 

@DaveLegg

I'd like to re-affirm that the quotes in comments are not posting properly, additionally, I've noticed some special characters in the quotations such as this one from adrynalyne, wheich were never in the post [P.S. it is many user's, I just used this one as an example].

image.thumb.png.50a545b341d7e0a630e746e60809f275.pngimage.thumb.png.f7e522d14c782da2770096af571916f3.png

5 minutes ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

I'd like to re-affirm that the quotes in comments are not posting properly, additionally, I've noticed some special characters in the quotations such as this one from adrynalyne, wheich were never in the post [P.S. it is many user's, I just used this one as an example].

image.thumb.png.50a545b341d7e0a630e746e60809f275.pngimage.thumb.png.f7e522d14c782da2770096af571916f3.png

Thanks for catching that. Those were originally quotations(“). 

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Thanks for catching that. Those were originally quotations(“). 

I figured as much,

On the plus side: quotations work here! [And not the '"' quotations 😀]

Just now, SpeedyTheSnail said:

I figured as much,

On the plus side: quotations work here! [And not the '"' quotations :P]

Haha yeah—I think it’s only front page articles with this issue. 

nah; no idea what's caused these issues on the front page comments.

it started yesterday where it was just duplicating the comment you were replying to; Dave took a look at it last night and thought he had fixed the problem but now we're seeing it nest the replies in the quote block and also the weirdness with special characters; so he'll need to look at the code again when he comes back online.

I have a ticket open in the Mod/Dev area so it's just a matter of waiting it out now until Dave or another dev comes back online to review :)

at least we can actually see the replies today

I've reverted a fix I made to something else in the comment system, which hopefully will result in this working properly again. It probably won't fix existing comments with the issue, but should stop it being a problem for other comments going forward.