Why Does Temporary Internet Files Location Go Blank in 1809?

Question

Hi All

Why Does this Folder go blank in Internet options?  even if I decide to uninstall Avast, seems like reinstalling fixed the issue so far I think for now.   Is there a reason for this or why it happens?     System was clean installed fully less than a week ago.     Just now deciding which program I wanna use for protection and stick with 1 

6 answers to this question

You may have to explain your situation a little bit better.  What ... something is clearing out your Temporary Internet Files Location in ... IE, Edge, Chrome (all the above)?  

Correct,  I'm not sure what causes it,  but if I uninstall say like Avast, on next reboot--its blank, showing 0,  sometimes fixes after a restart, and sometimes doesn't.   seems right now its acting right and fixed itself when I reinstalled Avast Free 18.8.2356 this morning,  Admin account and standard user account seem fine now.

Was gonna attempt to use Defender for protection, but decided to just reinstall Avast, and seems to have fixed the issue for now.     

It's best I can explain this situation lol, hopefully explained good enough now.  

Not sure how Avast would even be touching that folder really though

To be honest, Defender in sandbox mode is about the best there is so I'd probably uninstall Avast and then watch it. That said, I wouldn't mind it if my temporary internet folder regularly emptied itself. 

Yeah I wouldn't mind it, but it also stops downloading LOL,  Chrome somehow still works when that issue happens lol.    Might work on it more tomorrow, and give Defender another shot lol, hopefully all is well, and can enjoy my normal tasks and not worry on the security or temporary internet files going blank lol

Might Just Fix this issue once and for all by birthday in February and just Purchase a newer SSD--Samsung 860 Evo 250gb, and try to afford a newer storage drive as well at same time, Western Digital black 2tb.     Unless better to go with Western Digital 3D nand 250gb, and the Black storage drive.

Problem seemed to only affect the Main PC Admin account when I removed Avast via Add/remove progams in Windows 10 1809,  restarted,  logged in, ran the Avast clear removal tool in safe mode,  restarted again,  finished loading up after logging into account, and Of course Internet Options, settings, temp files was blank again.    Decided for now just to reinstall Avast, which fixed the issue.

I guess i'll wait til birthday,  then redo system totally in terms of drives, and Antivirus, and such

Honestly just backup your system drive (image) to an external hdd once a week and store your files/saves in the cloud and projects on git and use defender. If you get a virus just format and you can he up and running in 15 minutes.

That's what i'm doing these days i don't bother with antivirus anymore.