Install error

11 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

I am trying to install a copy of win 10 and every time the install begins i get the following error : page fault in non page area...  how do I fix this plz?

thx

Is it a bluescreen of death error message? (BSOD) I have seen that message before, but only on BSOD's, the error is pretty generic but it has to do with memory, here is a guide that might help you

14 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Is it a bluescreen of death error message? (BSOD) I have seen that message before, but only on BSOD's, the error is pretty generic but it has to do with memory, here is a guide that might help you

But how can I do that when it is happening on the install? It happened again with error of memory management on bsod. The memory sticks are only 3.5 yrs old.

Edited by Bruinator

12 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

But how can I do that when it is happening on the install? It happened again with error of memory management on bsod. The memory sticks are only 3.5 yrs old.

Never judge parts on their age. Parts can fail at any time. So I would recommend you run memtest86+ on that machine and check the ram.

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Never judge parts on their age. Parts can fail at any time. So I would recommend you run memtest86+ on that machine and check the ram.

will it run off of a usb without an operating system on  a flash drive?

15 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Could you be kind enough to type up a step by step instructions on how to use memtest 86 plz? I would greatly appreciate it.

to use memtest just boot the usb flash drive and let memtest do 1 complete pass. If you see any red on the lower section then you have a bad stick of ram or one that needs to be taken out and put back in. If you don't see any red on the lower section then all is good. 

• Like 2

As warwagon said, test the RAM using memtest x86. Use their link to download it from another computer and follow their advice. https://www.memtest86.com/

12 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

How long should 8gb of ram take to run plz? it is running now.  Thx WW.

35 mins, maybe more maybe less.

What is the source of the installation? Are you using an official iso from Microsoft? Maybe it's a bad install image, try another USB stick.

48 minutes ago, warwagon said:

35 mins, maybe more maybe less.

Mine has been running for 1.5 hrs so far. I used usb stick. How many cycles does it go thr as mine is on its 3rd?

thx

Just now, Bruinator said:

Mine has been running for 1.5 hrs so far. I used usb stick. How many cycles does it go thr as mine is on its 3rd?

thx

As many as you allow. 3 should be fine. No red on the bottom?

22 minutes ago, patseguin said:

What is the source of the installation? Are you using an official iso from Microsoft? Maybe it's a bad install image, try another USB stick.

This time I used the MS creation tool.

Just now, warwagon said:

As many as you allow. 3 should be fine. No red on the bottom?

None so far.  Is there a way to kill it after 3?

2 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

This time I used the MS creation tool.

None so far.  Is there a way to kill it after 3?

Just remove the usb flash drive and press escape.

5 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Just remove the usb flash drive and press escape.

ok thx. Just in case ms media creation tool doesnt work, I am also d/w off techbench and will try a different usb stick. If it comes down to it, can I just use an image I had for that pc to straighten out this issue if possible?

Edited by Bruinator

Try installing win10 by plugging your usb installation drive into a USB 2.0 port instead of a blue usb 3.0 port. (if you were doing that before). At what stage does the install bsod?

We have seen this issue before. The issue was being triggered by the SATA mode configured in the bios.  Somewhere in your bios you should see SATA Mode and have a choice of ACHI or IDE.  Changing it to IDE while the install was being done, let the install complete without a blue screen.  

Thats what I would suggest.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 11.47.09 AM.png

Just now, Tech Geek Alex said:

We have seen this issue before. The issue was being triggered by the SATA mode configured in the bios.  Somewhere in your bios you should see SATA Mode and have a choice of ACHI or IDE.  Changing it to IDE while the install was being done, let the install complete without a blue screen.  

Thats what I would suggest.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 11.47.09 AM.png

A bios update may also correct it if that's the issue..

6 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Install is going now. Thx so much for everyone's help.   :)

How did you get it to go?