Install error

13 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

This isnt working or i am doing something wrong. ok this is what i am doing , once notepad is open i am typing *.* inside it then do I file, save as and call it something?

10 hours ago, warwagon said:

If you go into troubleshooting and select command prompt. Once booted to the command prompt you can either navigate to your USB drive using the command prompt and then launch crystal disk from there.

If that's confusing you can try typing notepad at the command prompt and pressing enter. Once notepad is open you can select file / open and on the file name box type *.* and press enter. Now you will be able to browse the file system and access the USB drive that way. Once you find the crystal disk exe you can right click it select open. 

You missed a key part of the instructions.

Just now, Bruinator said:

what part did he miss?

You don't type *.* into Notepad, once Notepad is open, select File > Open and then in the file name with *.*

2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

You don't type *.* into Notepad, once Notepad is open, select File > Open and then in the file name with *.*

* File Extension drop downimage.thumb.png.c823dbe78da234bc67596152ac89504b.png

• Thanks 1

ok, i have inside notepad crystaldiskmark5_5_0. What do i do now  do i select save as or save... then a file name (dont know what) save as type text documents (*.txt)  ? if someone wants to teamviewer into my computer and show what to do, i am fine with that.

Edited by Bruinator

10 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

ok, i have inside notepad crystaldiskmark5_5_0. What do i do now  do i select save as or save... then a file name (dont know what) save as type text documents (*.txt)  ?

Assuming you extracted the contents of the crystaldisk zip file to the USB as I told you to do.

10 hours ago, warwagon said:

Yep just extract the zip to the usb.

You would open the crystaldiskmark folder on the USB containing the unzipped files. Then right-click on Diskinfo.exe and left click on "Open"

Creating a video .. be back shortly.

7 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Assuming you extracted the contents of the zip to the USB  like I told you here.

You would open the crystaldiskmark folder containing the unzipped files. Then right-click on Diskinfo.exe and left click on "Open"

ok i am opening crystaldisk mark folder and I see 2 folders CMDresorce and license. Now what? I do not see diskinfo.exe in any of these folders, even the ones inside them

Just now, Bruinator said:

ok i am opening crystaldisk mark folder and I see 2 folders CMDresorce and license. Now what?

If all you see are those 2 folders that means you are not looking at ALL files just TXT files. So once again, go down to the file name box at the bottom and type *.* and press enter. Now you should see all the files.

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

If all you see are those 2 folders that means you are not looking at ALL files just TXT files. So once again, go down to the file name box at the bottom and type *.* and press enter. Now you should see all the files.

ok I see all the files now and when i click on  crystaldiskmark5.5.0 x64 it shows all 0's inside the file under read and write  and 5 green boxeds listed all, seq q32t1, 4k q32t1, seq and 4k.

1 minute ago, Bruinator said:

ok I see all the files now and when i click on  crystaldiskmark5.5.0 x64 it shows all 0's inside the file under read and write  and 5 green boxeds listed all, seq q32t1, 4k q32t1, seq and 4k.

You got the wrong one. YOu need crystaldiskinfo not Crystaldiskmark.

2 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

yes, maybe that is why. I'm a dolt.

Na you are ok, You'll be fine once you extract the correct one onto the usb drive. 

9 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Na you are ok, You'll be fine once you extract the correct one onto the usb drive. 

it help when i have the correct file...doooo... health status is good temp 24%  do u need more info? If that is ok, is it a ram issue?

33 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

it help when i have the correct file...doooo... health status is good temp 24%  do u need more info? If that is ok, is it a ram issue?

Doubt it's a ram issue, at this point, we don't know what the issue is yet. It's possible you may need a firmware update.

15 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Doubt it's a ram issue, at this point, we don't know what the issue is yet. It's possible you may need a firmware update.

How would I do that plz?

1 minute ago, Bruinator said:

How would I do that plz?

Did you build this desktop or did you buy it, if so who made it and what is the model number.

5 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

I built it.

We need specs, dude...

(see my sig)

7 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

You can't tell us instead of us looking up each link? We can look these up ourselves you know...

Intel Core i5-6500 Processor BX80662I56500 - 6M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz

ASRock Z170M Extreme4 LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2x4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory F4-2400C15D-8GVR

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)

The only reason I didnt list them like this was in case u needed more info. Sorry

Not sure if this helps but i am trying to restore from acronis TI 2019. I select the proper settings and when i click to proceed i get the following: Fail to read from sector 850,135,640 of hard disk 3. Tyr to repeat the operation. If the error persists, check the disk using check disk utility and create a backup of the disk. Direct r/w operation has failed. (0x590001) Input/output error (0xfff1) and when i hit cancel i get the file is corrupted. event code 0x0004000d+0x0004000d.

28 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Not sure if this helps but i am trying to restore from acronis TI 2019. I select the proper settings and when i click to proceed i get the following: Fail to read from sector 850,135,640 of hard disk 3. Tyr to repeat the operation. If the error persists, check the disk using check disk utility and create a backup of the disk. Direct r/w operation has failed. (0x590001) Input/output error (0xfff1) and when i hit cancel i get the file is corrupted. event code 0x0004000d+0x0004000d.

That is definitely a hard drive / ssd error indicating a bad sector, is disk 3 your source drive of the TI 2019 image or your ssd destination? You may want to run crystaldisk info with that other hard drive plugged in and check it's smart data too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, warwagon said:

That is definitely a hard drive / ssd error indicating a bad sector, is disk 3 your source drive of the TI 2019 image or your ssd destination? I have no idea.You may want to run crystaldisk info with that other hard drive plugged in and check it's smart data too.

Should I just call samsung and try to rma it? It has a 5 yr warranty and I have had it for a little less than 3 yrs.

6 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Should I just call samsung and try to rma it? It has a 5 yr warranty and I have had it for a little less than 3 yrs.

Assuming it's your ssd kicking up that error and not your image source drive then yes.