What was the last movie you watched? 2019 Edition

Time for a new year thread!

Me? I saw Aquaman last night. I give it 8/10 for action. The wife loved it too. I wonder why! :)

• Barney T. pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I finally got to go see Glass. It wasn't horrible... but that was some weak, lazy-ass writing.  I can't

go into more detail without spoilers, so I'll just leave it at that.   5.0/10

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Skyscraper.

Turn off your brain, suspend disbelief ... guess it isn't that bad. 3.5/10

Your more generous then I am on that movie... it was an action packed movie, but unrealistic to say the least!

Spider-man into the Spider-verse - 8/10 - Really, really good.

Mortal Engines - 4/10 - Complete bore-fest, I fell asleep during the action-packed ending.

Sorry To Bother You - 3/10 - Starts off with potential, doesn't use it. Gets really weird and stupid.

No Country for Old Men - 4/10 - What a complete waste of time but bonus points for tricking me into thinking it wasn't.

Bohemian Rhapsody - 5/10 - It was boring but well produced. I had to work to get to the end.

St. Vincent- 10/10

capt Marvel-8/10

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumblebee ... best parts (IMO) was the first 5-10 minutes and the last 5 or so minutes.  The middle was fine ... but I really wanted to see more of the Gen1 Transformers.  It wasn't a travesty like the Michael Bay films.

Godzilla 2, very good, it could be even better if it cut down a bit more on the "humans are a virus" angle but it wasn't too bad. 

A colleague lent me Alita: Battle Angel. Watched that last night in 3D. I enjoyed the film but thought

Spoiler

The love story/relationship was a little forced between Alita and Hugo

I haven't watched anything on physical media for a long time. I forget how much better something looks when it's not being streamed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Terminator Dark Fate, just watched the premiere today. 8/10, don't listen to frustrated kids and missoginists and just go and enjoy the movie, it's much better than all the sequels of T2 :)

• Thanks 1

zombieland2

• 1 month later...