When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

CES 2019: Samsung's booth has 8K QLED TVs, the Wall micro-LED TV, and more

As usual, Samsung focused on its entertainment devices again at CES this year. To start, it has a lineup of 8K QLED TVs, with the largest being 98 inches. These things are beautiful. There are smaller ones which go down to 65 inches, although I was skeptical about the benefits of 8K at that size.

One other thing that Samsung pointed out to me is that its TVs can upscale 4K content to 8K using AI, something that it announced last year. This should give the firm a leg up on its competitors.

It also showed off The Wall again, and this time the micro-LED TV is even bigger than it was last year. It's actually the size of a wall now, and it's stunning.

I was also shown The Frame, a TV that can also show artwork when you're not using it. This kind of blew me away. It's kind of crazy, because when it's displaying art, it doesn't even look like it's a display. I couldn't tell the difference.

And of course, Samsung had plenty of other stuff to show off. There were 5G demos, smart refrigerators, and more. Check out the booth tour below:

Neowin is at CES to bring you all the coverage from the show floor, click here for other articles.

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Whill debuts Model Ci; a compact personal EV that can be controlled from a smartphone

Previous Article

CES 2019: LG's booth has everything from OLED Falls to new gram laptops