Ghostbusters (2020)

Oh...

I don't know what to think of this now after watching the trailer. 

Hmmm...I have a strong urge to go back and watch Stranger Things for some reason.

10 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Oh...

I don't know what to think of this now after watching the trailer. 

Hmmm...I have a strong urge to go back and watch Stranger Things for some reason.

God I really need to get around to watching Stranger Things. It's been on my list for awhile but I keep getting distracted by other shows lol

10 minutes ago, Jim K said:

I thought the same thing. Given the success of Stranger Things and the first IT film, this could do fairly well.

4 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Kids? I'm not sure I agree but it can't be any worse than the last attempt. Right???

I think the kids are just part of it.   They don't want to try and give too much away.

3 hours ago, Brandon H said:

last movie was a bad reboot.

This actually looks interesting and entertaining. It makes sense in a way since this is back in the original universe; these kids seem like they're the grand-kids of the original members, or at least one of them is; and they stumbled across where the originals had stashed their gear after retiring.

Some of them are directly related to Egon, which is a nice way to still have him play a part even thought he's not around anymore.  So yeah, this is pretty much a direct sequel with a future handoff to new characters.  We'll see how it goes because they're pretty young, and yeah, those proton packs aren't suppose to be light, no way kids can do it.  Who knows how they'll pull it off though?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to it. I'm guessing Bill Murray comes back as a ghost, and I'm HOPING we get Egon and Slimer ghosts.

Just going on the fact that they didn't reveal the old cast yet.  :)

2 hours ago, McCordRm said:

I'm looking forward to it. I'm guessing Bill Murray comes back as a ghost, and I'm HOPING we get Egon and Slimer ghosts.

Just going on the fact that they didn't reveal the old cast yet.  :)

Yeah, he either returns as a ghost or an old grandpa together with Dan Acroyd.... either way, looking forward to it! Definitely going to the local theater to see this.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic
  • 6 months later...

I watched the end of that trailer with a big grin on my face.

Worth it just for the little bit at the end.  

Is there a release date yet? I'm not watching the trailer as I want as much of this movie to be a surprise as possible. 

On 27/07/2021 at 10:16, Skiver said:

Is there a release date yet? I'm not watching the trailer as I want as much of this movie to be a surprise as possible. 

end of the trailer states November so it's going to be this year at least (Y) 

On 27/07/2021 at 11:16, Skiver said:

November 2021.

It would've been out by now, originally one of the delayed 2020 movies because of covid shutting down all the theaters.   Better late than never at least.