John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

16 hours ago, sava700 said:

I've heard of a few bad reviews... anyone seen this yet?

Not yet. I thought it was coming out this week which was when I planned to see it.

I'm looking forward to it though, reviews be damned. Most movie pro reviewers don't know a fun movie when they see it.

Spoiler

The only negative this 3rd one has is that it stretches your belief more, no specifics to give but at times you'll be like, no way.  Unless you buy into the idea that it's a "hyper-real" world and don't try to nitpick, just enjoy the ride.  Most people have said this is better than the 2nd. 

Well, looks like a great start for it at the box office.  $56 million in the US, $93 million worldwide on a $55mil budget.   It's all profit after a few more days, come it's 2nd weekend for sure.   

On 5/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, George P said:
  Hide contents

The only negative this 3rd one has is that it stretches your belief more, no specifics to give but at times you'll be like, no way.  Unless you buy into the idea that it's a "hyper-real" world and don't try to nitpick, just enjoy the ride.  Most people have said this is better than the 2nd. 

I already felt like the 2nd one was trying to hard to impress and be cool so i'll probably avoid this one. I liked the first one cause it was a simple straight to the point turn your brain off movie anyway from what i can remember. But the 2nd one was like trying way too hard to be the coolest movie ever. Just did not work for me.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, George P said:
  Hide contents

I enjoyed the movie for what it was.  A movie with a simple plot with no real thinking or trying to understand what was going on.  I enjoyed it for the action and just to get away for a couple hours.

4 minutes ago, LaP said:

I already felt like the 2nd one was trying to hard to impress and be cool so i'll probably avoid this one. I liked the first one cause it was a simple straight to the point turn your brain off movie anyway from what i can remember. But the 2nd one was like trying way too hard to be the coolest movie ever. Just did not work for me.

I found all of them to me a simple turn your brain off type movie really.

• 3 weeks later...

These training videos are the best PR/marketing for John Wick.  The fact Halle basically went in and demanded she be in the movie says a lot.  I can see this thing going for quite a few more movies, we know 4 is on the way already, 2021 iirc.  They're going to get more big names as this thing keeps going now.   It says a lot when well known actors/actresses love a movie series and just want to work on it for fun like Halle did.   

Hell, some fans are already talking about a spin-off with her character, maybe a prequel to fill out her story more.