Post Your Case Mods

• 4 weeks later...

Inside of my case has always been pretty clean but I thought I could do better. Came back from a lan party and decided before I set my pc back up I would clean it up some more. Still not happy with the big glob at the bottom but it is better then before. Also replaced the fan up front.

img4951mediumko8.jpg

Case modage planed in the future though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going to add a cathode to this soon. I think I'll go with a white cathode so all the colours in the case can come out.

post-70022-1166581300_thumb.jpg

dam.

you have like 232837293728739289372 hard drives in that baby

• 3 weeks later...

WinMacLin owned too mush with his hardware... We just feel too low next to him :p (JK, but when I look at that, maybe people are really think that)

Just upgraded my gfx card and psu to a gainward 7900gs golden sample and a ocz modular psu

the gfx card rocks!!

still need to do more cable tidyign but im out of cable ties, cant belive hwo much a tight squeeze the card was in my case which is a tsunami dream!

dsc00050yp4.jpg

dsc00054ap4.jpg

specs are:

case - tsunami dream

PSU - OCZMod stream

CPU - Intel Duo 2 e6300 o/c to 2.2ghz

Hard Drives - Hitachi Deskstar 250gb X 2

Ram - 1gb ddr2 5300 with added cooper heatsinks

Gfx card - Gainward BLISS geforce 7900 GS golden sample PCI-E

Mutimedia - Sony DVD-RW

Motherboard - some crap foxconn one upgrade comin soon

time on what? tidying the inside of a computer?

easy to maximize airflow !

the cooler the case the better your componets preformance espicaly if you over clock!

i did a bit of re-tidying:

dsc00064im1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So here is my first electronics project, which is also the first "mod" to my case. This fanbus a work in progress, I plan to add a few more things to the front panel. Right now it consists of 4 on-off-on switches with 2 LEDs per switch. Down is low (7v, 1 LED), up is high (12v, 2 LEDs). Sorry the photo's white balance is off, I am posting this on a spare computer while I wait to order new parts.

I got all of these parts from www.allelectronics.com.

First I came across a project board and decided to put it to use. I soldered some plugs for my fan connectors first.

405173771_92f5d3e391_o.jpg

I put a switch and LEDs on it that I had already made to make sure everything worked the way I thought it would, and it did.

405173935_c5f62dd935_o.jpg

Here is the board with the resistors for the LEDs and some leads for the fan connectors. Oh and the big ugly molex connector.

405173887_0af7828195_o.jpg

The bottom with all the solder joints. This is the first time I have soldered before.

405173735_5457f1d317_o.jpg

Here is the drive bay that everything is going in. Originally I was going to use a 3in bay but I sure am glad I chose a 5, there is a lot more room. There is the DPDT switches and LEDs.

405173756_8ec4a29d32_o.jpg

Here is the beginning of the mistake I made. Instead of soldering the leads to the panel then to the board, I did it the hard way. I put them on the board first, then to the front. That turned out to be a real big pain in the ass to connect the two together. If only I had stopped and thought for an extra half second..

405173812_54efdf3dde_o.jpg

Here it is coming together..

405173857_2d35f340d5_o.jpg

And here it is finished. What a mess. But it worked the first time!

405173912_3f33e23904_o.jpg

405173796_d0486a3035_o.jpg

405173838_8e90c4d75c_o.jpg

And here it is in my case. Man it sure is nice to have, and it was very simple to make even for a first timer. It may not be the peatiest though but I made it! I am ordering new parts next week for my new computer and that will start round two of my modding.

405173723_1c389ca323_o.jpg

Snip

And here it is in my case. Man it sure is nice to have, and it was very simple to make even for a first timer. It may not be the peatiest though but I made it! I am ordering new parts next week for my new computer and that will start round two of my modding.

Looks awesome! those switches rock

I love to look at all the case mods, I thought the window looked kewl when the case was on the shelf at the store but looking at the mess in mine makes me want to paint it black lol,

okay, my first post here, but I've learned a lot reading here in neowin forums, thanks guys.