Post Your Case Mods

I painted my Antec 900 today. It now has Red innards...

Case stripped as far as it can be without removing the rivets.

DSC00164.jpg

About half way through the first coat

DSC00167.jpg

Note the feet were masked off to keep them A) black and B) from rubbing paint onto my carpet.

DSC00168.jpg

Further into the coating (probably about the 2nd coat)

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

Note the slightly orange tinge.... eww...

DSC00171.jpg

To counteract the orange tinge i did a very light coat of black paint, and flecked on more black by not shaking the can prior to painting.

DSC00172.jpg

(it looks a bit orange in this picture, but it isn't really)

DSC00174.jpg

Flecking on the back I/O area.

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

Deep red colour has been successfully acheived.

DSC00182.jpg

My motherboard looks brilliant in there.

DSC00183.jpg

Side panel on.

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

Other side

DSC00189.jpg

Back I/O panel.

DSC00190.jpg

I also pugged up the large 200mm fan with Red Mesh Tulle.

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

And i put some more Tulle on the mesh on the side panel to make it more red.

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

So there is still a couple of other things I'm going to do to it. And my computer doesn't look too great when all the BLUE LED fans come on, as it neutralises the colour a hell of a lot. So i'll be replacing them soon.

What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something I'm experimenting with. I got some black lights and glued some slinkies onto them that I got from one of those quarter machines at the dollar store. I also stuck them on my round cables which glow bright but for some reason doesn't show up in the pictures. Maybe it was the quick click drowning it? What's something fun I can do with more of my slinkies?

r1ii7.jpg

r3ky0.jpg

@DecomposingStar - Looks amazing...congrats! :D

Thanks!

Hey DecomposingStar I just got that exact case the other day :)

It's so cold with all the fans around it now.

It's a wicked case :)

Yeah my feet get cold while i'm on my computer. Awesome case!

Motherboard - some crap foxconn one upgrade comin soon
whoa now! Most of the reviews I see on motherboards foxconn easily competes against bigger names like ASUS, Gigabyte, Abit, and DFI.

whoa now! Most of the reviews I see on motherboards foxconn easily competes against bigger names like ASUS, Gigabyte, Abit, and DFI.

That's why i bought the motherboard. The reviews are wrong, Foxconn suck. Really.

Most of the features that the display box mention are not actually included, or completely inaccessable, or useless.

Heres one, in order to get a good overclock, i've had to update my BIOS, you wouldn't think thats a problem but it really, really is, as the program they use for BIOS updates SUCKS and they give no alternative. After succesfully updating, i was able to push my overclock a bit further, however, it resets the BIOS to the older version after you restart (as in, boot up in to windows for the first time after saving from BIOS).

They really, really, really suck. Trust me, i've had endless problems with it.

I concur, Foxconn generally make poor motherboards. The fact that Foxconn produces components that are present on 99% of motherboards and systems is irrelevant.

time on what? tidying the inside of a computer?

easy to maximize airflow !

the cooler the case the better your componets preformance espicaly if you over clock!

i did a bit of re-tidying:

dsc00064im1.jpg

nice can you tell me what you useing to incase all the wires please im looking to tidy up my case as well

I concur, Foxconn generally make poor motherboards. The fact that Foxconn produces components that are present on 99% of motherboards and systems is irrelevant.

Well... Its a good quiality build motherboard, its just chinese crap when it comes to everything else is all... Even the instruction manual has grammatical and spelling errors that could have EASILY been sorted out.

Oh but you get that all the time. I think most components and peripherals from asia have laughable english. I don't suppose they do quality control there.

nice can you tell me what you useing to incase all the wires please im looking to tidy up my case as well

i used the back of the motherbaord tray and jsut tie raps to keep them all tidy

You can't trust everything that you read.

I, until today have been building computers for 3 years now, building alot with Winfast motherboards, although they are not the top daddys, they are very good motherboards.

Well this was just plain guerilla. The price was close to most trusted brands, the reviews said it was good, the website said it was good, it had good features, a good but plain bundle... Little did i know it was intirely made with Chinese pride....

• 1 month later...