USB drive at snail pace..?

I have a Kingston USB 3.0 64GB DataTraveler which i'm trying to put an iPhone backup file on from the laptop.

I've made about 10 attempts to restore the iPhone from backup & the damn thing just seems to keep disconnecting every time so it's constantly failing. I'm wanting to try the restore from my PC but to do that i'll need to transfer the backup folder to the PC - hence the USB stick.

Now yes i've put it in the USB 3.0 port.

It's transferring at a rate of 3.5MB/s. Snail pace. I thought these things were supposed to be fast? It'll be quicker me dragging and dropping all the files individually at this rate!!

10 minutes ago, Technique said:

I have a Kingston USB 3.0 64GB DataTraveler which i'm trying to put an iPhone backup file on from the laptop.

I've made about 10 attempts to restore the iPhone from backup & the damn thing just seems to keep disconnecting every time so it's constantly failing. I'm wanting to try the restore from my PC but to do that i'll need to transfer the backup folder to the PC - hence the USB stick.

Now yes i've put it in the USB 3.0 port.

It's transferring at a rate of 3.5MB/s. Snail pace. I thought these things were supposed to be fast? It'll be quicker me dragging and dropping all the files individually at this rate!!

Depends on the drive, the types of files, the number of files, etc. USB 3 in itself doesn’t mean the drive is fast. 

Also, write performance is always way slower than read. 

13 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Depends on the drive, the types of files, the number of files, etc. USB 3 in itself doesn’t mean the drive is fast. 

Also, write performance is always way slower than read. 

This! There are some black USB drives at walmart that I swear say USB 3 but are slow as ######.