Texas homeowner shoots, kills 3 men and injures 2 during home invasion, officials say

Three men were killed and two others were injured after dozens of shots were fired by a homeowner in Texas during a home invasion early Sunday, officials said.

The incident happened around 1 a.m. in east Houston after five men wearing ski masks broke into the home, police told KPRC.

The male resident inside then grabbed his weapon and opened fire at the men.

"The homeowner appears to have defended himself," Houston Police Department homicide detective Travis Miller told KTRK-TV.

More....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-homeowner-shoots-kills-3-men-and-injures-2-during-home-invasion-officials-say

2 hours ago, techbeck said:

"The homeowner appears to have defended himself," Houston Police Department homicide detective Travis Miller told KTRK-TV.

Sucks to be the would be buglers! Does Texas have a stand your ground law?

13 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Apparently yes. I'm personally for gun control, but I'm also for Castle/Stand your ground laws. You break into a home, especially in a state like Texas, you have to known there is a good chance the resident is armed and will use deadly force. Stupidity at work.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I dislike buglers as well :p

14 hours ago, Rippleman said:

I love happy endings resulting from horrible situations. Bet they won't try that again... errrrr 3 of them anyways.

I doubt the survivors will be in any rush to have another go either... :p

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

The Castle Doctrine applies to  your home. SYG applies Castle principles to the public square.

In Texas the use of deadly force for self defense falls under Section 9.31 of Texas Penal Code.

If he;

knew the intruder unlawfully with force entered into his home, vehicle, or place of employment; or

was being kidnapped; or

the intruder was attempting to sexually assault, rob, kidnap, or murder

it's open season.

• Like 1