Windows 10 Pro Start menu problem

I have Windows 10 Pro on a new computer, but sometimes the Start menu will refuse to open and warm-booting fixes it for 

Any ideas on to fix it permanently?

Thanks,
Cnon

Edited by Cnon

There could be a variety of reasons that this is happening. At least IME on many Insider builds, the shell hasn't been extremely stable. This results in Start and taskbar becoming unresponsive. However, not sure if this is what you're seeing. Start reliability is a known issue on Windows 10 and there are changes coming to improve performance.

The next step in improving Start reliability

As some of you may already know, up until now Start in Windows 10 has been hosted by something called ShellExperienceHost.exe. In order to provide you the best possible Start experience, we’re separating it into its own process, called StartMenuExperienceHost.exe. This has a number of benefits, including simplifying debugging and insulating Start from potential issues impacting other surfaces. This has been running as an experiment for a few weeks now and we’ve seen measurable improvements in the reliability amongst those that have the change, so we’re rolling it out to everyone.

We’re also making a change so that Start no longer suspends, which improves launch time.

21 hours ago, zhangm said:

There could be a variety of reasons that this is happening. At least IME on many Insider builds, the shell hasn't been extremely stable. This results in Start and taskbar becoming unresponsive. However, not sure if this is what you're seeing. Start reliability is a known issue on Windows 10 and there are changes coming to improve performance.

I'm using the version listed in my screenshot and it's not a preview version.

win.png

• 2 weeks later...