Windows 10 won’t update after clean install

I have a 4 year old Dell desktop PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and it’s been running fine. I want to give it away, so I downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft’s site, reformatted the drive and installed a clean version of Windows 10. The problem I’m having is that it won’t do any Windows updates. I get a message that says “we couldn’t connect to the update service, try again later”, I thought maybe the update service was down but I tried last night and now this morning and I’m still getting the same message.

ive reformatted the drive 3 times and still get this message. I also definitely have an internet connection so I don’t know what’s going on. Also Windows Update service is enabled in services.msc. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Thanks.

The few comments there are at that link you posted, neoraptor, are good. One person calling it a God send that it doesn't work, one person saying "unfortunately, his is still connecting.

FWIW, my checking for updates just worked fine.

I had this problem on 2 laptops but my desktop was fine. tried everything I could think off and then some.  desktop showed the same problem for a min or so but then updates and store started to work again, I thought it was my account login or something even swapped out my router. wiped my notebook and fresh installed windows 5+times as well😱

last resort I changed the DNS to google in the properties on my network adapter and everything started working, windows updates and store updates.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:22 AM, cosrocket said:

I have a 4 year old Dell desktop PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and it’s been running fine. I want to give it away, so I downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft’s site, reformatted the drive and installed a clean version of Windows 10. The problem I’m having is that it won’t do any Windows updates. I get a message that says “we couldn’t connect to the update service, try again later”, I thought maybe the update service was down but I tried last night and now this morning and I’m still getting the same message.

ive reformatted the drive 3 times and still get this message. I also definitely have an internet connection so I don’t know what’s going on. Also Windows Update service is enabled in services.msc. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Thanks.

Date and time correct?

download offline updates,install,update,reboot.check for update...

if still failed....bad ISO