• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Amazon Price Drop Question

notta    73

I purchased an Echo Show from Amazon on 1/14/19 for $229.99 and now Amazon is selling it for $179.99. My eligible return date is 2/13/19. Can I call them and get the difference back? I could always just return the item and then buy it again but don't feel like dealing with that hassle. Has anyone ever dealt with this? Any help would be appreciated.

Jim K    13,058

I do not believe they do that anymore (price matching or refund price drops). 

Of course, you could just contact Amazon ... explain the situation and maybe they will (doubt it).  Or you could process a return for the Echo and order a new one.  Ask the Amazon rep if that makes any darn sense vs. just refunding you the difference.

notta    73

Well I called them and I have to return the existing item and re-purchase it. Seems kind of stupid to me but oh well. If it was $10 I would ignore it but $50 is just too much. Thanks for the response.

• Like 1

DPyro    745

Amazon doesn't use logic. Return it and order at the new price.

notta    73

So.... As I said I was told I had to return the old one and order a new one. Well I received my label to send back the old one and I ordered the new one. The new one was shipped and it will be here Thursday.

Today, I see on a website that you can get the Echo Show and a Phillips Hue bulb for $179.99 on Amazon. What???????? Sure enough I go to my order and there are 3 buttons to get the Echo Show by itself, Echo Show with stand, and Echo Show with free bulb. Echo Show by itself was the default.  I called Amazon yet again and said are you really going to make me return a second one to get the Echo Show with the bulb? She said I will need to return the order and purchase it yet again. Same exact price but I have to return it to get the bulb. I hate to say it but I think I would get different results if I called during the day.

• Haha 1

+trag3dy    4,034
1 hour ago, notta said:

So.... As I said I was told I had to return the old one and order a new one. Well I received my label to send back the old one and I ordered the new one. The new one was shipped and it will be here Thursday.

Today, I see on a website that you can get the Echo Show and a Phillips Hue bulb for $179.99 on Amazon. What???????? Sure enough I go to my order and there are 3 buttons to get the Echo Show by itself, Echo Show with stand, and Echo Show with free bulb. Echo Show by itself was the default.  I called Amazon yet again and said are you really going to make me return a second one to get the Echo Show with the bulb? She said I will need to return the order and purchase it yet again. Same exact price but I have to return it to get the bulb. I hate to say it but I think I would get different results if I called during the day.

That seems unordinary. They should be able to see your purchase date and adjust your order. Especially since you haven't even gotten the new one yet and it likely hasn't even been packed or shipped. Can you still cancel your order?

notta    73

Yea well forget the bulb. I looked it up and it's a $15 bulb so I'm not putting out almost $600 even temporarily as it may be for $15.