Can't connect to certain website, but through a VPN connection is just fine..?

I am trying to access the website https://ffdownloader.com and I was able to access it just fine for the longest time, and then a few days ago I try going to it and it just sits on "Connecting...". I'm able to access it using a VPN just fine. I tried using Open DNS servers, Google DNS servers, and my default providers DNS servers. I tried using Chrome and Firefox, restarted my computer, flushed my dns settings, I don't know what else to try or why it's suddenly having this problem all of a sudden. Anything else I can try?.

There was an issue a lot of people were having around here with my current ISP premier communications. For some reasons the sites that were not working were all using the same service for DDOS protection and were flagging the IP's from premier communications. Once they would go through a vpn It would work just fine connecting to those sites. Once the ISP gave them a new IP it would also work just fine, until it would happen again. The ISP was trying to open up a channel of communication with them.

Perhaps see if any friends on different ISP’s can access the site to narrow things down?

Maybe your blocked from the site for whatever reason?

It could also be a routing / ISP issue? do other people with your ISP have the same issue.

The website could also be blocked in your country?

Try to start narrowing things down to try work out what is the cause.