Intuit turbo tax

Question

I am using this income tax software for the first time and i have to convert a pdf file to the turbo tax software extension so I can upload but I forget the name of the extension. Does anyone know the name of it? I am not home to check.

thx

4 answers to this question

1st off, if this isnt what your asking for sorry, I've got the flu so my brain is mush. But I'm doing my taxes right now. The extension for TT2018 files is .tax2018

What pdf files ... like your W-2, 1099-INT, etc?  

You can not convert pdf to txf (though there are some sketchy looking software things on the web claiming to do this...try at your own risk).  TurboTax can do this (which probably isn't applicable to you) ...

You can transfer 2017 tax returns in PDF format, but only if they were created in TurboTax, H&R Block at Home, or TaxACT software. The PDF needs to be your 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4120237-can-i-transfer-last-year-s-pdf-into-the-2018-turbotax-for-windows-cd-download-software

Probably would be easier to just enter the information manually.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:57 PM, Jim K said:

What pdf files ... like your W-2, 1099-INT, etc?  

You can not convert pdf to txf (though there are some sketchy looking software things on the web claiming to do this...try at your own risk).  TurboTax can do this (which probably isn't applicable to you) ...

Probably would be easier to just enter the information manually.

It typically is better to enter the info manually (regardless of what tax software used).  This is my fifth year in a row using TurboTax (I came from TaxCut - now Block Software - as in H&R Block).  Further, TurboTax lets you save your returns as PDF files (this is just as true with the 2018 version - this is the third year in a row that this is an option).  I save returns in both PDF and TurboTax' own .Txxxx format - where xxxx is the year version of the software - and back them up to my cloud drive of choice - which remains Microsoft OneDrive).