• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Crackdown 3 Technical Test: Wrecking Zone

PGHammer    1,000

In addition to the announced State of Decay Technical Test, a Crackdown 3 Technical Test is an option for Xbox ONE and Windows 10 Insiders.  (I'm not talking out of school - I found it in the list of Insider Content in that Hub).  The catch (for Windows 10 Insiders) is that you need build 18334 installed to participate; since that is the current build, that hurdle is not hard to clear.  My Gamertag and Microsoft Account are the same as my ID on Neowin: PGHammer (deliberate - I don't own an XBOX ONE yet; if I ever get one, though, I'll be keeping the Gamertag for use in Play Anywhere titles).  Come on over and get busy!

LostCat    1,184

Tried to join in but when it was supposed to be running all it gave me was a message about it being at another time.

I'm not too concerned given it's not that much longer to wait, at least.

PGHammer    1,000
27 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Tried to join in but when it was supposed to be running all it gave me was a message about it being at another time.

I'm not too concerned given it's not that much longer to wait, at least.

In the same spot are the times for the Technical Test sessions - there is one tomorrow from noon to 2 PM Eastern time.  You can preload outside the test sessions, though (I preloaded today, though there was not a test scheduled for today)..  You can also hold on to the app to participate in future Technical Tests (which it certainly makes sense to do).

LostCat    1,184

You know I actually forgot it was Saturday heh.  That explains a lot *laughs*

+InsaneNutter    1,229

A friend told me about the Technical Test, so I managed to download it and play the first test for an hour this Sunday. Only the Agent Hunter game mode was available, which I must admit it was a lot of fun.

I was surprised how much aim assist the game gives, you can basically lock on to someone and keep shooting, hitting them even if their flying across the level. That doesn’t make it easy to kill someone, you do have to work for it.

It is a bit strange how it’s not possible to invite a friend and matchmake with them, I do think that’s a little bit disappointing, although not a deal breaker for me personally.

I don’t think I’d buy Crackdown 3 for the multiplayer alone, it is very much a game I’d love to play co-op campaign on and just mess about in the city. I can certainly see multiplayer been good fun in small doses though.

LostCat    1,184
3 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

I was surprised how much aim assist the game gives, you can basically lock on to someone and keep shooting, hitting them even if their flying across the level. That doesn’t make it easy to kill someone, you do have to work for it.

The lock on was a deal breaker for me.  I love Crackdown but I can't see playing that at all.

I'm still planning on playing the hell out of the campaign for sure.

George P    4,682

It seems it's still early days in the MP side, I think they'll add a 3rd and even a 4th mode which might lack the lock on option for a added challenge to those who want it.