I have not seen Windows 10 1809 in the wild yet.

I do a lot of computer repairs for the average user, and I still have yet to see a Windows 10 1809 install on a machine were Windows 10 gave the user the update and it was installed. All I see is 1803.

Just thought that was interesting. I think most people will never get 1809 and just get the next one.

16 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I think most casual users are fed up of running mostly untested broke ass Windows 10 Insider builds.

At the moment I think the only way to actually get 1809 is to click on  "Check for updates" and which average user would ever do that?

Steven, most casual users will never know what version they are on.  The only indication that there was an update would be that their PC rebooted, or something looks different.

Now, as to the original point.  I did get prompted to update to 1809 on my Intel NUC, after manually checking for updates.  I have an old Dell XPS 8500 that has still not been prompted for installation of 1809.

I have had zero issues with 1809 on my NUC, and it was installed the day it was released (before it got pulled).  The "media" likes to blow things way out of proportion, like you are still to this day, just to get views/clicks.

• Like 2

Hello,

I was under the impression that Windows 10 Version 1809 had gone into general delivery, so perhaps it could be Microsoft still has blocks in places for those computers due to them having incompatible hardware or software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Well I just checked and my work computer is still on 1803. It didn't even occurred to me that I could actively check for updates, I've been getting used to windows offering them regularly. Maybe I'll do that this evening before I leave the office.

EDIT : well I just checked anyway, and yup, it is giving me the update, but it hasn't offered it automatically like it usually did. So if the ... "less average" user like me never really bothered, my bet is the casual user may indeed never see the update.

Edited by Brys

5 hours ago, Brys said:

Well I just checked and my work computer is still on 1803. It didn't even occurred to me that I could actively check for updates, I've been getting used to windows offering them regularly. Maybe I'll do that this evening before I leave the office.

EDIT : well I just checked anyway, and yup, it is giving me the update, but it hasn't offered it automatically like it usually did. So if the ... "less average" user like me never really bothered, my bet is the casual user may indeed never see the update.

I'd be happy to be on 1803 at work. We were just upgraded from 7 a few months ago and the new equipment they gave us has 1703 :( 

it's not that I miss some newer features because they have most everything including the store locked down anyway but there's been a lot of bug fixes and improvements and that's what I miss.

I still have to target IE11 as my lowest supported browser for the pages I develop too ...

/end rant

well this "Patch Lady" named Susan got the 1809 upgrade on her Lenovo computer:

https://www.askwoody.com/2019/patch-lady-my-lenovo-finally-got-offered-1809/

ask her on how she got it, Brandon-H & +warwagon

it really depends on what kind of computer & hardware you're using and if they're any few applications that are preventing Windows Update from offering 1809

Hello,

I was offered Windows 10 Version 1809 on a ThinkPad 440p, a ThinkPad P50 and a ThinkPad P51s around the end of last year.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I have it on my laptop and desktop, but I installed it when it was first released (the first time) and was lucky I didn't get bit by any of the bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

this blog from the Askwoody web site recently came out:

https://www.askwoody.com/2019/will-win10-1809-ever-be-declared-suitable-for-business/

On 3/1/2019 at 1:19 PM, greenwizard88 said:

I have it on my laptop and desktop, but I installed it when it was first released (the first time) and was lucky I didn't get bit by any of the bugs.

that was build 17763.1, the one that had the file deletion bug.

the re-released version of 1809 on 11/13/2018 was build 17763.107 (1809 + KB4464455 CU).  both ESD & ISO image files for 1809 were updated to this build and was re-re-released again in late Jan. 2019 as the Media Creation tool for v1809 downloads ESDs and creates ISOs that have 1809 + KB4480116 CU (build 17763.253) from that point on

usually for those who can receive 1809 thru WU, it will deliver 1809 + latest CU available; Susan the "patch Lady" got v1809 build 17763.316 (KB4487044) in late February

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 9:15 AM, Steven P. said:

I think most casual users are fed up of running mostly untested broke ass Windows 10 Insider builds.

any OS ecosystem is always in evolving stage, nothing is ever finished.

Even if they get os 99.999999999% finished, 3rd party software or driver can cause it to feel like its 60% stable.

nothing ever will be 100% bulletproof, even with apple closed ecosystem approach, its not 100%. if it was there would never be a need for apple to release system updates.