• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

LG stylo 4 question

Bruinator    33

Is it a good idea to buy a mobile phone that has a non removable battery? if yes, is it easy to replace it myself, even though, LG says it will be tough to do? The phone is a LG stylo 4?

+virtorio    3,101

I don't have have a problem with phones with non-removable batteries, but you might. I can't read your mind so I don't know.

With regards to replacing a non-removable battery, go find a video of someone doing it on YouTube and see if you have the skills needed to do it. Often they're glued, in which case, getting into them can be a major hassle.

+warwagon    12,827
36 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Is it a good idea to buy a mobile phone that has a non removable battery? 

In this day and age, unfortunately, you have almost no choice if you want to buy new.

• Thanks 1

Bruinator    33

Any ideas how long the batteries life span is? I use m phone for internet browsing, email, text (not too often) and watch a show/movie (not too often).

thx

+virtorio    3,101

Hard to say. At a guess, with normal use, anywhere from 2 (at the very low end) to 5 years.

• Thanks 1

Bruinator    33

More responses are welcomed.

With minimal to avg usage of email, text, browsing the internet, what is the lifespan of a non-removable batteries?

thx

Nick H.    9,574
On 2/20/2019 at 4:06 PM, Bruinator said:

More responses are welcomed.

With minimal to avg usage of email, text, browsing the internet, what is the lifespan of a non-removable batteries?

thx

According to this site it comes with a 3300mAh battery. My Samsung S7 apparently comes with a 3000mAh battery, which with minimal usage can last me maybe a day and a half. But at the same time that doesn't take in to account the other specs of the phone which will change the amount of usage you can get from it.

But if you're talking about the lifespan of the battery before it would need to be changed, I can tell you that I've had the S7 since it came out and I've not had to change the battery so far. Basically the phone will become obsolete before the battery is completely unusable.

Bruinator    33
8 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

According to this site it comes with a 3300mAh battery. My Samsung S7 apparently comes with a 3000mAh battery, which with minimal usage can last me maybe a day and a half. But at the same time that doesn't take in to account the other specs of the phone which will change the amount of usage you can get from it.

But if you're talking about the lifespan of the battery before it would need to be changed, I can tell you that I've had the S7 since it came out and I've not had to change the battery so far. Basically the phone will become obsolete before the battery is completely unusable.

Nick, I am referring to life expectancy in years?

Nick H.    9,574
8 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Nick, I am referring to life expectancy in years?

Hence my second paragraph. I can't give you a more specific answer because it's down to too many factors (how often you charge the battery when it isn't completely depleted, for example) so all I can tell you is that my phone of about 3 years still doesn't need the battery to be replaced.