Network Switcher Grinding Internet Connection To Hault

Ok i'm trying to post all that information that keeps refreshing at the top of the page but how do i do it?

10 minutes ago, sc302 said:

Pick the one closest to the router and work your way back. 

Essentially you will will have to do both until you find cause.  

Hi Mate just checking that i've already done that haven't i?  If i've removed the upstairs switcher from the network and that cures the problem?

No.  Look at what I said to do and look at what you did.   I said remove everything from each switch and plugging everything back in one by one and testing.  You took out a whole switch and assume you did what I said to do. 

Please follow directions as they are given.  

If anything you have found that whatever is on switch 2 is causing your issues. 

1 minute ago, sc302 said:

No.  Look at what I said to do and look at what you did.   I said remove everything from each switch and plugging everything back in one by one and testing.  You took out a whole switch and assume you did what I said to do. 

If if you can’t follow simple directions, getting wireshark to show anything useful will be futile. 

I'm trying to explain what i have done previously over the last few days.

1.  I removed EVERY ethernet cable one by one from the downstairs switch and checked after removing each one to see if it cured it and it didn't until i removed the ethernet cable feeding the upstairs switch and it then cured it - isn't this essentially what you are telling me to do?

Edit to clarify it cured it when i removed the ethernet cable from the downstairs switcher which was connected to the upstairs switch but leaving everything else connected to the downstairs switch.

The downstairs switch is the one closest and first in line to the superhub router.

dude screenshots of pages that stroll by are not going to be useful... Need to load your pcap into my wireshark so can actually look to see if seeing anything that is wrong... Your one shot shot showing dupes and rst is a bit odd after fin, etc.  But without having a whole picture its hard to say what was or wasn't going on.

1 minute ago, BudMan said:

dude screenshots of pages that stroll by are not going to be useful... Need to load your pcap into my wireshark so can actually look to see if seeing anything that is wrong... Your one shot shot showing dupes and rst is a bit odd after fin, etc.  But without having a whole picture its hard to say what was or wasn't going on.

Ok Budman but how do i do that?  Haven't used wireshark before?

I just lost pc connection directly routed via ethernet (reported no internet connection in bottom right of screen) and then tried to connect with my phone on wifi and couldn't connect with that either!

10 minutes ago, Soni said:

Edit to clarify it cured it when i removed the ethernet cable from the downstairs switcher which was connected to the upstairs switch but leaving everything else connected to the downstairs switch.

The downstairs switch is the one closest and first in line to the superhub router.

Ok so then the issue exists upstairs.  So move upstairs.  Unplug everything except the single connection going downstairs.  

Did you do that?

1 minute ago, sc302 said:

Ok so then the issue exists upstairs.  So move upstairs.  Unplug everything except the single connection going downstairs.  

Hi Mate i did that last night i had two ethernets connected to the upstairs switch one was connected to the downstairs switch and i left that in place and i unplugged the other feeding the laptop no.2 in my bedroom and it still had the fault until i disconnected the other ethernet cable connecting to the downstairs switch?

image.thumb.png.bd33e3f1a7d6d9a58fa8b331e9a220c5.png

6 minutes ago, sc302 said:

So you have 2 connections to your upstairs. One to laptop in bedroom and another to the downstairs.  Is that correct?

unplug bedroom laptop, what happens?

Yes mate thats correct and last night i unplugged that laptop and still had the fault and had to end up unplugging the other cable that connects the two switchers together and then that cured the problem hence why i thought it was the upstairs switch that was at fault?

6 minutes ago, BudMan said:

so 13MB... You have dropbox or gdrive or anything?

Hi mate how do i use them? Lol sorry having a laugh, yes i have google drive will try and upload to that give me 2 mins.....

Sounds like a bad cable/run between downstairs and upstairs or bad port.   

I would go with cable first.  Can you take pictures of the ends. I specifically want to see the jacket. In both the Keystone, if you have them, and at the rj45 ends.  You cannot have more than 1/2” (12mm) of wire exposed between the jacket and the brass connectors (meaning total exposure of wire outside of jacket). 

Wiring like that may have basic continuity test pass with a cheap tester but transmission of data will fail.    It will never certify 

clearly some sort of nonsense going on... 25% of that packet trace is SSDP! there are like 8700 SSDP packets out of 34800 total packets.

Who is this 192.168.0.13

Your skybox

whois13.thumb.png.801b705d56fcae03d86c83b545beb844.png

7 minutes ago, sc302 said:

Sounds like a bad cable/run between downstairs and upstairs or bad port.   

I would go with cable first.  Can you take pictures of the ends. I specifically want to see the jacket. In both the Keystone, if you have them, and at the rj45 ends.  You cannot have more than 1/2” (12mm) of wire exposed between the jacket and the brass connectors.  

I've taken photos mate just transferring over from phone

8 minutes ago, BudMan said:

clearly some sort of nonsense going on... 25% of that packet trace is SSDP! there are like 8700 SSDP packets out of 34800 total packets.

Who is this 192.168.0.13

Your skybox

whois13.thumb.png.801b705d56fcae03d86c83b545beb844.png

Hi Mate i named all my devices the other evening when i was trying to ascertain what was connected to my network and .13 is my skyq box!! ??

SKY-TV-Box78:3E:53:76:B3:22192.168.0.13/241000Ethernet

Sony Smart TV70:26:05:67:93:98192.168.0.10/241000Ethernet

Soni Android Phone34:12:F9:20:DF:04192.168.0.15/2464.95Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz XXXXX-Wifi-2g

Sanos Soundbar78:28:CA:56:1B:D5192.168.0.26/2423.41Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz XXXXXXX-Wifi-2g

XXXXX iPhone9C:35:EB:C7:A8:96192.168.0.25/2438.41Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz XXXXXX-Wifi-2g

Switcher10C:F9:C0:1E:52:B2192.168.0.18/241000Ethernet

Switcher220C:F9:C0:03:C4:E2192.168.0.22/241000Ethernet

iPhoneDC:56:E7:5C:02:AD192.168.0.20/2420.47Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz XXXXXXX-Wifi-2g

XXXXX-iPadF0:24:75:4F:D8:73192.168.0.24/2418.41Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz XXXXX-Wifi-2g

XXXXX-iPhone58:40:4E:C7:AD:43192.168.0.12/2433.41Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz XXXXX-Wifi-2g

XXXXX-LaptopE4:42:A6:45:93:31192.168.0.19/2443.82Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz Fenton-Scott-Wifi-2g

Conservatory-PC34:97:F6:71:34:93192.168.0.11/24100Ethernet

The XXXXX i've put in the above is to cover up names