Hotmail account blocked

today's morning i tried to sign in to my msn account on MSN msgr.....it seems someone tried to guess my password and hotmail blocked ANY login (even if its with the right password) so if i want to **** of someone, i just try to login with a wrong password and he cant get to his hotmail inbox or cant login to msn??

what the hell is that, microsoft looks stupid with these tactics

does anyone know how i can fix that, or where can i report something like this?

it sucks cause someone got a hold of my account and will keep trying to login just so i can not.

man am i ****ed.....ill kill the person who did it.

it was noone in my computer. the thing is, if i want to bother Blaise, for exmaple, i just make a lot of attempts to login to his account on MSN and not even he could log in, even if he was entering the right password.

im sick of this stupid security ideas.

and this is hotmail's fault somehow? :huh: you chose a bad password, it's your fault your account was stolen.

unless that's not what happened :unsure:

Should it be web based or should you forward Hotmail thru Outlook Express i would think that without password you wont get in your Hotmail + the hotmail forwards to a client will become a paid option pretty soon with the new extra storag subscriptions.

I did not seem to find anything about Hotmail blocked accounts though I did hear that you account is blocked for a while when someone else tries to hack it. yet I know someone who was able to recover it by phone so ..

You may want to join Hotmail support here:

http://support.msn.com/contactus.aspx?productkey=hotmail

UPDATE

On a French forum i have read that MSN France some infos are required :

This is a translation (sorry if it does not always sound english ):

"Please you will need to provide:

Your Hotmail or MSN Email address

Another email address where you can be joined.

The name, birthdate and place of birth below should be the same as hose you hav ementionned for your Hotmail or MSN account

First name

Familt name

Date of birth

Country, State

Zip code

Date of your last passport connexion (last time you were able to access your hotmail account)

or

Approximative date of your account creation

Optional data to provide

If some of the data mentionned above are not correct, any other information about the account can be useful to determine if you truly are the account holder

Any old passwords

5 MSN Messener contacts

10 email addresse part of your address book

Your personal folders created in the account

Any other information maybe helfpul

Hope it helps

I have asked around and here is extract of a dialogue thru Messenger...Maybe what I was said will clarify the thing:

>>>-But I think after two blocks, MSN Hotmail records the IP address of that user trying to enter your account.

>>>-well that's what i thought but look, my ISP makes me change my IP every time i connect to the internet

>>>-It's a way to prevent unauthorized access--and once it's blocked, it stays blocks--but someone has to enter a wrong password quite a few times, and a successful log-in resets that counter.

Yeah, but MSN and other people can look up your IP address on the ARNIN/blah blah blah (there's a different database for parts of the world) and will see it's owned by your ISP.

It reports the activity to you ISP in hopes of the ISP investigating it, which will know who used that IP address at that time.

If anything, MSN may consider blocking the ISP out of their Hotmail servers if the ISP doesn't wish to cooperate and there and continued abuses.

Excuse me if this has already been explicitly or implicitly answered and I've overlooked it, but does anyone know if it might be possible to use the change password/lost password procedure, in conjunction with the user's security question, as a means around merely waiting for the lockout period to end, as suggested in this post on the emaildiscussions.com forum:

http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/showth...9134#post169134

If not, it seems rather lame to bother having the user choose a security question/answer if they aren't even going to be used in such a security issue. But then, it is MSN/Hotmail, I guess.