• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

The Powers that be were eavesdropping again!

+warwagon    12,712

Yesterday on Facebook messenger I sent my parents a mockup of something I was wondering if they could build for Sara's (my Girlfriends) couch, so I sent them this  (Top Image), for us to set our drinks on. Then today on Facebook I see this (bottom image).

I guess I'm proud that Facebook could make heads or tales out of my mockup

53001517_10156966927137768_1753076702424072192_n.jpg

• Like 1

Buttus    1,156

wow!   now that's some good AI

• Like 1

spikey_richie    210

If only they sold it in mauve

cork1958    1,586

Gotta love Facebook for the help!!

Brandon H    2,632

yeah Facebook's advertising algorithms are nice but they're almost creepy sometimes.

Like an ad for a product will come up that I've never looked at online but had an offline conversation with someone about :blink:

+warwagon    12,712
5 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

yeah Facebook's advertising algorithms are nice but they're almost creepy sometimes.

Like an ad for a product will come up that I've never looked at online but had an offline conversation with someone about :blink:

conversation is one thing that's just reading the text, but this was full on image decyphering.

Brandon H    2,632
Just now, warwagon said:

conversation is one thing that's just reading the text, but this was full on image decyphering.

agreed but when I say 'offline conversation' i mean face to face. no technology involved.

Do they recognize your voice picking up on surrounding mics?!?!? /s lol makes you wonder though :rofl:

+jnelsoninjax    11,404
14 hours ago, warwagon said:

Yet another reason I do not use Facebook, and this just proves that everything you do/say is being monitored at all times. It is scary how this happens, and society as a whole seems OK with it (obliviously people are still using Facebook), and there seems to be no public outcry which I can't seem to understand, it seems to me that there ought to be a huge outcry about this!

Skiver    1,941

At least the picture you sent them was via their platform so to a degree they were knowingly given access to that photo.

I will not believe trying on a specific brand of coat in a shop, talking about said brand of coat in the shop with someone and an add popping up in Instagram for said brand to pop up the very next day to be a coincidence. 

shockz    5,232
Posted (edited)

-