• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

ads making it really hard to log in

neufuse    3,493

Open the log in modal and more then half the time now I get something like this that goes over the top part of the logon screen...

ads like this make me not want to log in anymore... because its so frequent... or the best buy ads that roll down some then roll to full page with a darn video ad.......

could we at least make the log on form's z-index outrageously high so it is never behind an ad

Capture.PNG

Steven P.    12,458

Video ads and these sort of huge animations are supposed to be opt in/activated by choice (like with an expand button) I will send in a report and check, but I agree this is not good behavior for a site.

neufuse    3,493
4 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Video ads and these sort of huge animations are supposed to be opt in/activated by choice (like with an expand button) I will send in a report and check, but I agree this is not good behavior for a site.

I dont know if you've seen the best buy ad in the US on here but it's annoying as heck, it will start by rolling down 1/3 of the screen then when you go to close it at the X on top it fills the whole page with a video.....

but thanks for reporting it

Steven P.    12,458
6 hours ago, neufuse said:

I dont know if you've seen the best buy ad in the US on here but it's annoying as heck, it will start by rolling down 1/3 of the screen then when you go to close it at the X on top it fills the whole page with a video.....

but thanks for reporting it

Yeah I also asked about these ads expanding without user interaction, will update when I hear back.

Steven P.    12,458

Update: The issue has been replicated and they are getting a fix put in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Steven P.    12,458

It is fixed :D 

unnamed.png

Thanks for the report, support and your patience!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1