• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

In General what is the lowest % you'll let your phone or tablet battery get to during the day?

In General what is the lowest % you'll let your phone battery get to during the day?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+warwagon    13,037

This poll was more of an "In General" what is the lowest you'll let your poor little battery get to.

As an example, sometimes i'll be out the house and next to a charger and then i'll plug my phone in way before 20 - 30% .. I'll top it back off at 100% If I'm going to be leaving the house, i'll also top it back off at 100%. But in general no matter what I'm doing, the lowest I want it to go is 20-30%

The question today is "What is the lowest % you'll let your phone battery get to during the day?" before you'll plug it in and start charging it up. Originally the question was asked about your phone and tablets. But I have more than 1 tablet each I only let go down to a different %. So it would be hard to vote on a single %. But if you wish to share that in the thread you can.

My LGv20 Phone  I'm less concerned about the battery health because I could always get a new battery, but I charge it around the 20-30% mark.

My Toilet Tablet (Samsung Note Pro 12.2) - I charge at about 20-30%. After debloating all the Samsung ###### off it, I can get about 10 - 11 days off a single charge. Most of that is the tablet sleeping, but that is still much better than it was before debloating.

My iPad - I charge at around 40-50%

Jim K    13,233

Routinely about 15% ... when I get a prompt....or depends on how long I know I'll be away from a charger.  For example, I'm not leaving the house with 20% ... 

stevember    138

You missed an extra option.

- It depends on what I'm doing that day, do I have a charger with me, what I plan on doing for the next few hours, and what I am planning to do the next day.

+warwagon    13,037
10 minutes ago, stevember said:

You missed an extra option.

- It depends on what I'm doing that day, do I have a charger with me, what I plan on doing for the next few hours, and what I am planning to do the next day.

This poll was more of a "In General" what is the lowest you'll let your poor little battery get to.

As an example, sometimes i'll be out the house and next to a charger and then i'll plug my phone in way before 20 - 30% .. i'll top it back off at 100% If i'm going to be leaving the house, i'll also top it back off at 100%. But in general no matter what i'm doing, the lowest I want it to go is 20-30%

• Like 1

+Zag L.    695

I'm trying to figure out how I want to answer as well. I plug my phone in when I go to bed. Normally that's around 55% or so but I'm not changing it because of the level. It's just a good time to do it.

cork1958    1,669

I always try to get my phone down as low as possible. My phone has an awesome 4100 mah battery that lasts me about 5 days with how I use it. If it happens to be around 30% battery at end of day I will charge it over night then. Even at 30%, if it's a weekend day I would probably not charge phone as I won't be texting wife at work. Have never had to plug any phone I've had in during the middle of the day to recharge.

FWIW, I turn my phone off around 8:00 at night and it's back on at 7:30 in the morning to catch wife texting at her first break at work. Yes, I have a landline also still if some one needs to reach me in an emergency.

+warwagon    13,037
57 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

I'm trying to figure out how I want to answer as well. I plug my phone in when I go to bed. Normally that's around 55% or so but I'm not changing it because of the level. It's just a good time to do it.

Just imagine you are using your phone. At what % what you REALLY want to start wishing you could plug your phone in because you want to maintain a heathy battery.

+Zag L.    695

I'd probably run it down then to about 20% I suppose.  I really never think about it to be honest. In fact I don't think I've ever seen it drop below 40% more than 2 or 3 times in the 18 months I've had it so (and that was when I was originally testing the battery life and charge times), so yeah, 20ish percent and I'd quick charge for 15-20 minutes I think. That would get me back to 65% to 75%.

shockz    5,513
Posted (edited)

My phone lasts all day, and I charge it during the night. So I basically go to 0% if needed. Rarely happens unless I'm traveling or on phone all day.

On an average day mine gets to 40% by the time I get to bed. Never noticed my battery wearing out with age either, at least not since the early iphone/3g days.

My ipad probably every 2 week or so. Rarely gets used.

If I'm going out though in the evening and I'm at 40%, I will charge it for as long as I can before I have to go.

timster    1,443

Humble brag, I let my phone get to 1%, because I AM THE TOP 1%!