Help me find the monitor I am looking for...

Having bought my monitor in 2010 (Dell U2711), I have decided to replace it.  I am having trouble finding a monitor that meets my needs, which are:

1. 27" size (will consider 31.5" size if a 27" is not available)
  2. IPS panel
  3. 4K resolution (3840x2160)
  4. USB-C, DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity
  5. Built-in USB Hub
  6. Built-in speakers (ideally)
  7. white colour (silver is ok)
  8. VESA mount
  9. Skinny bezels (top and sides)

Does anyone know of something that meets all of these requirements?

6 hours ago, Fahim S. said:

Having bought my monitor in 2010 (Dell U2711), I have decided to replace it.  I am having trouble finding a monitor that meets my needs, which are:

1. 27" size (will consider 31.5" size if a 27" is not available)
  2. IPS panel
  3. 4K resolution (3840x2160)
  4. USB-C, DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity
  5. Built-in USB Hub
  6. Built-in speakers (ideally)
  7. white colour (silver is ok)
  8. VESA mount
  9. Skinny bezels (top and sides)

Does anyone know of something that meets all of these requirements?

You might want to add 10 bit panel to the list to get accurate color display and HDR

Does USB-C specify the connection to the HUB or do you mean a video connection via Thunderbolt 3?

White seems an almost impossible spec to meet unless it's an Apple monitor. You could really widen the candidate field by scratching the white requirement. There are companies that specialize in high quality custom paint jobs for PC equipment where you could convert a black monitor to white.

32 inch checks a good the majority of those boxes. 

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ultrasharp-32-4k-usb-c-monitor-u3219q/apd/210-aqzz/monitors-monitor-accessories

My 38 inch checks almost all of them (a bit lower resolution than 4k) but that’s larger than you are looking for. 

I almost always learn a thing or two from questions here...

Apple has discontinued their Thunderbolt monitor line in 2016 - shows how often I track Apple news...

https://www.theverge.com/2016/6/23/12020510/apple-thunderbolt-display-discontinued

And weirdly enough, where I thought might be the only place on Planet Earth with a WHITE monitor, the Apple monitor is completely Black from the front view!

I think white would be extremely distracting to the eye anyways and whatever color is on the back of the monitor is only of interest to various species of Dust Bunny creatures...

Also, for future proofing (and making things easier even currently) you should strongly consider Thunderbolt 3

You might want to pay careful attention to bandwidth calculations depending on your planned usage.

Video Card ====> Comm CHIP on Video Card ( 1. Thunderbolt 3, 2. Display Port 1.4, 3. HDMI 2.x) ====> CABLE QUALITY =====> Monitor

Anything in that chain can degrade the signal at 4K 10 bit.

Sometimes on purpose in a sneaky way to hide ways in which corners have been cut such as auto-down convert the color space.

4K at 10 bits with full color space at 60 hz is 22 gbits of bandwidth which is very challenging.

There is a recent thread here where we discussed that stuff in detail...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice.  I really appreciate it.

I decided to go for the LG 27UK850 which ticks most of my boxes at a reasonable price.

It arrives tomorrow so I'll see how good it really is.

3 hours ago, Fahim S. said:

Thanks for the advice.  I really appreciate it.

I decided to go for the LG 27UK850 which ticks most of my boxes at a reasonable price.

It arrives tomorrow so I'll see how good it really is.

Reference:

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UK850-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

Good color range. Remember to load specific driver for it...