• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Wrong Scan-Dialog-box in Win 10 1809

a.borque    0
Posted (edited)

Hello!

I use a Canon multi-function printer (MB5450) with my PC. Until recently when I invoked the scanner from any program a dialog-box from Canon was shown offering me various options for the scanner (scan1.png).

Suddenly (without any updates or changed settings) this changed and I get only a very basic (default?) box when trying to scan (scan2.png) which offers much less options.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the canon specific software and drivers without any success. I even changed the connection from one USB-port to another and finally to ethernet/network. The last feature upgrade (1803->1809) was done about two weeks before this happened and the scanner worked without any problems on 1809 at the beginning.

Does anybody know what happened or how to change this back? I need the advanced options!

Thanks for any help!

A.Borque

scan1.png

scan2.png

+DevTech    1,405
On 3/19/2019 at 2:05 PM, a.borque said:

Hello!

I use a Canon multi-function printer (MB5450) with my PC. Until recently when I invoked the scanner from any program a dialog-box from Canon was shown offering me various options for the scanner (scan1.png).

Suddenly (without any updates or changed settings) this changed and I get only a very basic (default?) box when trying to scan (scan2.png) which offers much less options.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the canon specific software and drivers without any success. I even changed the connection from one USB-port to another and finally to ethernet/network. The last feature upgrade (1803->1809) was done about two weeks before this happened and the scanner worked without any problems on 1809 at the beginning.

Does anybody know what happened or how to change this back? I need the advanced options!

Thanks for any help!

A.Borque

1. Go to tradition control panel and run the old "devices and Printers" Applet

2. Right click on the printer and set "Printer Properties"

a.borque    0
11 hours ago, DevTech said:

1. Go to tradition control panel and run the old "devices and Printers" Applet

2. Right click on the printer and set "Printer Properties"

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. May be I am missing the obvious, but I haven't seen any option there to change the behaviour of the scan dialog there, though I believed to be quit familiar with the classic control panel from Win 7...

Perhaps you can be a bit more specific? The driver is correct and the device is working.

Thanks again

A.Borque