• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

pc keeps rebooting when playing games

Delirium22    0

so i took the pc to a local service and they tested all the components and found out that its in fact a faulty motherboard (the problem did not occur when using another one).

Would really like to thank DevTech for the time he took to help me solve the problem and i really hope someone will find useful all the content above.

Mindovermaster    1,674

Glad you got it sorted :D

+DevTech    1,406
2 hours ago, Delirium22 said:

so i took the pc to a local service and they tested all the components and found out that its in fact a faulty motherboard (the problem did not occur when using another one).

Would really like to thank DevTech for the time he took to help me solve the problem and i really hope someone will find useful all the content above.

How did they form that conclusion?

1. Did they use the exact same make and model number with identical BIOS revision level for the substitute motherboard?

2. Did they insert that identical motherboard into your already installed Windows without changing your device drivers?

ONLY if both #1 and #2 are BOTH TRUE, can you conclude the current motherboard might be defective, and I would be curious to know it that is the case.

Alternatively, the motherboard can be put on an electrical test bed and analyzed with diagnostic instrument analysis but typically only the manufacturer has that sort of equipment.

In any case your main objective is a working system and that has been acheived.

Also, moving forward, I would strongly suggest you replace the low-end PSU with one based on a Seasonic or SuperFlower when budget and time permits to establish confidence should future glitches show up.