neowin.com no longer working?

I usually use the .com as a shortcut since it was redirecting to .net (I know, not too much to enter.   neowin.net)   It looks like it has either been taken or moved to a different company?

$nslookup neowin.com
Server:        127.0.0.53
Address:    127.0.0.53#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    neowin.com
Address: 54.172.165.25

$nslookup neowin.net

Name:    neowin.net
Address: 5.10.17.162
Address: 5.10.17.165
Address: 5.10.17.164
Address: 5.10.17.163

Facebook requires that you whitelist redirect URIs, since otherwise people could login with Facebook for your service, and then send their access token to an attacker's server!
And you don't want that to happen

if i use Google Chrome version 73.0.3683.86 then this will happend every time

if i trying to login to my neowin profile but use the login with Facebook i willl get this error message below

Facebook login message: “URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings.”

I have also tried to send information about this but got no answer

this is just some examples 

Other thing is if you're using "/" end of the URLs you must add that URL to app settings of Valid OAuth redirect URIs. Example:- https://www.example.com/index.php/ if this url if youre using in the redirect url you must set that to app settings.

Make sure your App IDs and Secret Keys are correct. If you are using separate development, staging and production apps for testing, the App IDs and Secret Keys are all different for each app. This is often the problem.

Make sure you have the callback URL set properly in your app config file (see below). And then add this as same URL under "Facebook Login" settings where it says "Valid OAuth redirect URIs". It should look like this (depending on your environment):

http://localhost/auth/facebook/callback http://staging.example.com/auth/facebook/callback http://example.com/auth/facebook/callback

Make sure your app domain is set to the correct domain for each environment, including both "www" and "no-www". Facebook also requires these domains to match the URL of your website or app platform. You will have to select "Add Platform" to add this.

page where I found more information about this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37001004/facebook-login-message-url-blocked-this-redirect-failed-because-the-redirect

but when i did trying to login to my profile with

Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0/Microsoft EdgeHTML 117.17134 then it work to login to google account  (stil the same problem with Facebook account)

Edited by Christopher Andreason
works only with goolge login added an other Example

9 hours ago, PNWDweller said:

I usually use the .com as a shortcut since it was redirecting to .net (I know, not too much to enter.   neowin.net)   It looks like it has either been taken or moved to a different company?

$nslookup neowin.com

$nslookup neowin.net

And you don't simply bookmark the site with the correct URL because...?

tried to do this -->Reauthorization required Microsoft account 

We cannot complete your request

invalid_request: The provided value for the input parameter 'redirect_uri' is not valid. The expected value is a URI which matches a redirect URI registered for this client application.

tried to do this which gives a result failed to "Reauthorization required Microsoft account"

10 hours ago, PNWDweller said:

$nslookup neowin.com

$nslookup neowin.net

neowin.net or neowin.com
both can point to the same place and you can fix this by sending the user to the right page/hyperlink/URL

where from the domain the address and pointing this further here you can point both neowin.com and neowin.net to lead to exactly the same website

3 hours ago, devHead said:

I have a few reasons, but the most pressing is laziness.  TBH - when I type in neowin's address, I found it easier for me to just hit neowin [ctrl+enter] to autocomplete to the .com in my browser.  Again, simply laziness.  But, I remember a few years back when it was a big deal for the site to finally procure .com from someone who had it.   And my bookmarks are a complete mess.  So - there's that as well. :)

3 hours ago, devHead said:

Oh if I could tell all my clients stuff like this. But no, I make it redirect for them which is what anyone in this industry should be doing unless it’s not a public facing site or the domain isn’t owned by them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Only just seen this. Looks like we forgot to update the DNS when we moved the site off Amazon EC2. I've updated the records now, so it should work again for you shortly.

It looks like I may need to make a change on the servers to avoid certificate issues with the redirect. I'll do that this evening.

2 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Only just seen this. Looks like we forgot to update the DNS when we moved the site off Amazon EC2. I've updated the records now, so it should work again for you shortly.

It looks like I may need to make a change on the servers to avoid certificate issues with the redirect. I'll do that this evening.

I guess that is why it is showing as a security risk in my browsers when accessing it?

Just now, SnoopZ said:

I guess that is why it is showing as a security risk in my browsers when accessing it?

Yeah, at the moment it will be responding with the neowin.net certificate, which doesn't match the .com domain you asked for.

1 hour ago, SnoopZ said:

This is still not working for me.

That’s because it has an invalid SSL. Someone threw the .net ssl on the .com 😉

Port 80 redirects to 443 which redirects to .net. Well would if it had the correct SSL. 

@DaveLegg why don’t you redirect port 80 to 443 on .net and be done with it? Browsers only default to 443 if there is an ssl in place. An invalid one is worse than none at all. 

Edited by adrynalyne

8 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

This is still not working for me.

Apologies, I got distracted working on some other bugs. This will be fixed over the weekend

• 1 month later...

Never realised Neowin even had a .com address. For over a decade I simply used the .net address