• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Taskbar calendar broke since daylight savings time started (at 1AM)

HussamT    3

Hello. I registered here to ask this question. I am running Windows 10 release 1809 on my work laptop. Since this morning, when I click on the taskbar calendar, I no longer see the popup with the calendar and the agenda items. This was working yesterday so I presume it is due to daylight saving changes.

I went to settings and disabled automatic time zone and automatic time and rebooted. The calendar popup shows again.

Is this a bug in Windows? I use this laptop for accounting software and accurate clocks are important. Where is timezone data stored on Windows? Is it something that is periodically updated?

I previously used Linux on a desktop and this was handled automatically through data packages from https://www.iana.org/time-zones

Both my desktop and laptop are running Windows at the moment.

Brandon H    2,500

can't say I've noticed anything like that on my computers at home; they're both on 1809.

unfortunately the only thing I can think of to try is a 'Reset'. maybe another member will have some better ideas to try before you resort to that though :)

HussamT    3

It resolved itself on its own. So I presume this was only broken on the day following daylight saving time change locally.

• Like 2