Impossible Burger is coming to Burger King

dims?resize=2000%252C2000%252Cshrink%26image_uri=https%253A%252F%252Fs.yimg.com%252Fos%252Fcreatr-uploaded-images%252F2019-04%252F023db7a0-5465-11e9-b7a5-ffefa7b8ed0e%26client=a1acac3e1b3290917d92%26signature=ba0e769fa2c12dad22a8cd809b2d3f3a13561d22&client=amp-blogside-v2&signature=647efc6532949769091be1c71af4954981a8091a

White Castle was just the start: Impossible Foods is now partnering with Burger King, launching the Impossible Whopper for a test starting today at 59 Burger King outlets in St. Louis, Missouri. It's an entirely different burger to the sliders served at White Castle, and that means there's more Impossible Burger non-meat involved.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/01/impossible-burger-burger-king-whopper/

new idea to kill earth POOR population before 2050...genetic modified food....love it

reach people will never eat that fake food

it is your time, UMBRELLA CORP

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 12:01 PM, Marujan said:

new idea to kill earth POOR population before 2050...genetic modified food....love it

reach people will never eat that fake food

it is your time, UMBRELLA CORP

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

Actually, the Greta Thundbergs of the world WILL eat them (Impossible Whoppers have rolled out nationally).  I have not tried them yet, and BK is the closest fast-food near me (that is mostly because I have mostly gotten chicken from Burger King over the past two years).  They will get their chance at me this coming weekend, though - I'm doing a shootout vs. the original Whopper (simply to make it fair - I seldom eat the original Whopper, either; when I eat a Whopper at all, I tend to go with the specialty versions).

Since I got whacked by cancers (three different ones in three years), I'm not staying in my comfort zone WRT food OR drink (I'm eating more chicken and fish; have swapped chain-brand beers for IPAs, etc.).

I a tried it and I am quite impressed. I could not tell the difference between the real thing and the I.W.  I don’t know how they did it, but they did a damn good job at it. It’s actually very, very good. Way less cholesterol than regular Whopper.

6 hours ago, spacelordmaster said:

I a tried it and I am quite impressed. I could not tell the difference between the real thing and the I.W.  I don’t know how they did it, but they did a damn good job at it. It’s actually very, very good. Way less cholesterol than regular Whopper.

Another reason I'm not staying in my food/drink comfort zone.  While I've never had a cholesterol problem (before or since my cancer issues), I HAVE had OTHER issues health-wise (high blood pressure in particular); I have made other dietary changes; my poultry intake is up, beef intake is down, seafood intake is also up, etc.  If I can make dietary changes health-wise and have them NOT bite me in the taste category, why not make them?