Windows Image question

I was wondering if a person did a fresh install of windows 10 with all software, drivers and what not so it was exactly how I wanted it. Performed an Image of the PC using acronis true image 2019. Then used the PC for a few months and was hit with a virus.  Would it be necessary to restore the image and the PC was just like you had it or would I have to do a fresh install of win 10 and then restore it?

thx

huh?  You can either restore from the image (counting on the image isn't infected) or "Reset This PC" (removing everything).  How do you know you have a virus?  Have you ran antivirus software that showed you have a virus...if so what is the name?  Have you tried to have the antivirus software remove the virus?

2 hours ago, Jim K said:

huh?  You can either restore from the image (counting on the image isn't infected) or "Reset This PC" (removing everything).  How do you know you have a virus?  Have you ran antivirus software that showed you have a virus...if so what is the name?  Have you tried to have the antivirus software remove the virus?

I dont have a virus. Just was wondering.

1 hour ago, xendrome said:

That's kind of the point of Acronis or imaging.

I see. So that is all one would have to do. Good to know. Thx

Personally this is what I do:

1. I install Windows with all the drivers, apps and games I am going to use. Set it up the way I want it.

2. Make an image using Acronis True Image

If anything happens, virus attack, malfunction, etc - I recall the image and boom, everything is back to normal. Beats having to spend endless hours re-installing everything again.