Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I find it very sad that I'm not even bothering to press play on the trailers. I love Star Wars, but unfortunately I think episode 8 and Solo have dampened my interest. I'm still looking forward to The Mandalorian though.

I only saw it on Geeks and Gamers reaction video. You're not missing anything. I decided after TFA I wasn't dropping coin on any further Star Wars productions.

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching it ... and I really liked it.

Not really spoilers ... but just wrapped in a spoiler tag of my general thoughts:

Spoiler
  • It was somewhat predictable...but not overly predictable.  Maybe a little messy.
  • Only rolled my eyes twice .. but one eye-roll was a little premature
  • I thought they handled Carrie Fisher really well considering the circumstance
  • It nicely wrapped up the Star Wars Ennealogy .  👍 
  • I grinned about 75% of the movie.  Yes, there was "fan service" ... but damnit ... I like "fan service."

8 out of 10

My Star Wars rankings:

• Empire Strikes Back
  • New Hope
  • Force Awakens
  • Return of the Jedi
  • The Rise of Skywalker
  • Rogue One
  • The Last Jedi
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story
  • Revenge of the Sith
  • Phantom Menace
  • Attack of the Clones
  • The Ewok Adventure
  • Star Wars Holiday Special

This is a small spoiler:

Spoiler

Finally found out what Rey's last name is.  Was one of my eye-rolls but I got over it quickly.

Edit:  I will say, from a story standpoint ... this trilogy was the worst of the three (I-III, IV-VI).  I think it was a mistake that Rian Johnson directed The Last Jedi (interrupting JJ's vision) ... OR he should have directed Rise of Skywalker to continue his vision.  I believe this could have been avoided (regardless of director) if Disney and Kathleen Kennedy had sat down and created a road-map from start to end...which I'm not sure they did (at least it isn't apparent).

Anyway, this trilogy was just messy.  Could have been better IMO.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic