Explorer question

When I open explorer on my system, Dropbox always opens fully expanded on the side. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I really do not want this always opening fully expanded and hope there is a way to stop it,  I am including a screenshot to show what I am talking about:

dropbox.thumb.PNG.78ae502db5ca75d8e9ecef10a5f346ce.PNG

You may have tried this but just in case, click the arrow so it's not expanded, then close explorer and then reopen. Hopefully it will remember the setting.

I don't use dropbox but with onedrive that does work. Good luck.

16 minutes ago, helpifIcan said:

You may have tried this but just in case, click the arrow so it's not expanded, then close explorer and then reopen. Hopefully it will remember the setting.

I don't use dropbox but with onedrive that does work. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it does not remember the settings.

4 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Mine doesn't do that - what exact flavor of windows are you running?

winver.thumb.PNG.bee0a2d9b905232ccf489a1393f4a8cc.PNG

Im on the same build..

Mine works like @helpifIcan stated, if I have it expanded and go file close explorer and then open it is expanded.  If I collapse it and file close and then reopen its collapsed when I open explorer

It seems to have resolved itself, slightly. If I close explorer with it collapsed it stays that way when I reopen explorer, but I have noticed that upon the first boot of the day it still expands automatically, despite leaving it in the collapsed state, but only on the first start up of the day.