• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Tablet / phone glass protector

Bruinator    31

Can some of you recommend a glass protector brand that is pretty thick but not too thick, scrolls well, and protects very well. I tried supershieldz but i find them to be very flimsy and dont care for them.

Brandon H    2,684

they're all pretty comparable now as far as I've been able to tell. the brands do vary from device model to model but not much.

I usually just look up screen protectors on Amazon and go with one of the higher rated ones based on my device model :)

• Like 1

Bruinator    31

Wow just 1 response?

HoochieMamma    714

I always either use bestskinsever for a fexible protector or Nuglas branded ones off eBay if you prefer glass and they never fail me. 

goretsky    1,004

Hello,

Like @Brandon H I tend to go with whatever has good results listed on Amazon.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Bruinator    31

I should of added I prefer the thicker, harder tempered glass protector. Not the paper thin kind. :)

techbeck    6,705

I never use a screen protector anyone.  Had my  current phone for 3ys and not a scratch.  Tablet, for 7yrs not a scratch.  I do by a case/wrap for my phone and a flip cover for my tablets.

• Like 2

dipsylalapo    1,684
2 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I never use a screen protector anyone.  Had my  current phone for 3ys and not a scratch.  Tablet, for 7yrs not a scratch.  I do by a case/wrap for my phone and a flip cover for my tablets.

Off topic a little but, I'm the same. The phone that has a slight curve on the edges so it's near impossible to get a good one. A decent case, and keeping it away from keys in pockets etc does the trick. 

@BruinatorAs others have said check out something like Amazon, and read some of the reviews

cork1958    1,591
Posted (edited)

I love the SuperShieldz https://www.supershieldz.com/

Super easy to wipe of finger prints and stuff.

• Like 1

Bruinator    31
49 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

I love the SuperShieldz https://www.supershieldz.com/

Super easy to wipe of finger prints and stuff.

Does supershieldz have thicker glass. I just tried one and found it paper thin? Also, do the thicker ones have an anti-glare option for viewing outside?

+jnelsoninjax    11,494

I have used Xtremeguard, they are very easy to install and right now have a special for 75% off, which makes them around $2 to $3! (Tablets may be a bit more)

• Like 1

cork1958    1,591
15 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Does supershieldz have thicker glass. I just tried one and found it paper thin? Also, do the thicker ones have an anti-glare option for viewing outside?

Not sure about that. Normally, I wouldn't even use a screen protector myself, but like how easy they are to clean smudges and stuff off of them compared to the basic screen.

Bruinator    31

is .33 mm  the thickest they make covers now or do some come thicker and more sturdy ?

Brandon H    2,684

the Plexiglas protectors are all roughly the same thickness from my experience

my guess is because if they were any thicker it would start to cause touch sensitivity issues

• Thanks 1