Can my school access my history?

Alright. So, my school uses chromebooks and has set usernames/passwords you use to log into the school system thingy to access the laptop. We don’t get to bring them home or anything, we only use them at school. Our teachers have told us in the past that the Department can see/access every website we visit, but my brother has had friends whom have searched questionable stuff up on his laptop, signed into his account, but he cleared his history and was never caught. Apparently, the school SHOULD be able to see our history, even when the perpetrator clears it... so...

Anyways, I wanted to know if the school really CAN see what we click on, and if so, if there’s any way to perhaps stop them from viewing it? Not like I want to search anything up, I have my own computer, just curious/wanna be on the safe side.

The servers providing internet access to the chromebooks can easily record mac address (uniquely identifying each chromebook/user) and websites accessed.

^ what Rohdekill said.

Regarding how to circumvent your schools restrictions and/or hide your network history from them ... that is not an appropriate question to ask here at Neowin.

To be on the "safe side" adhere to their computer usage policy. 

//locked

• Jim K locked this topic