Combo light switch and outlet receptacle

I have a light switch i want to change to a combo light switch and outlet. My current light switch has 2 wires of gray and black which has a screw connector on each side. On the combo receptacle, there are 2 black screws and one green screw on one side and the other side, there is a silver screw and a gold screw.

First off, can i use this receptacle with these 2 wires? If yes, which of the 2 wires go where plz?

thx

Well, first you have to have a connection to the outlet from the light switch... As to the wiring, I'm no electrician...

Honestly, if you're asking a tech forum on how to do electrical work (which if done incorrectly can kill you/burn the house down) ... you probably need to hire an electrician.  With that said ...

... per your description it sounds like you're missing a neutral (and a ground) in the box and the "old" light switch wiring is just a "switch leg drop" 

You need four wires (Hot, Load, Neutral + ground). 

Hire an electrician.  

30 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Honestly, if you're asking a tech forum on how to do electrical work (which if done incorrectly can kill you/burn the house down) ... you probably need to hire an electrician.  With that said ...

Well, he is asking in the General section, so that doesn't really matter.

But yes, a trained electrician will be greater help than you doing it yourself, or with help from a noob.

3 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Well, he is asking in the General section, so that doesn't really matter.

But yes, a trained electrician will be greater help than you doing it yourself, or with help from a noob.

OK?  Sure, he can ask random questions ... but I can also give criticism and/or suggestions of the asked question. 

Looking at your first reply and you can see how questions can lead to wrong answers (because you were talking about a light switch to power outlet vs. the OP light switch/outlet combo)...which in this topic can be fatal or destructive.  I also answered his question to the best of my ability/information given in OP.  Now, I'm not going to offer up a suggestion on how to re-wire his box because he needs an electrician.  

4 minutes ago, Jim K said:

OK?  Sure, he can ask random questions ... but I can also give criticism and/or suggestions of the asked question. 

Looking at your first reply and you can see how questions can lead to wrong answers (because you were talking about a light switch to power outlet vs. the OP light switch/outlet combo)...which in this topic can be fatal or destructive.  I also answered his question to the best of my ability/information given in OP.  Now, I'm not going to offer up a suggestion on how to re-wire his box because he needs an electrician.  

giphy.gif&f=1