When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Microsoft is prepping a 15-inch Surface Book 2 with a Core i5 and no dGPU

When Microsoft introduced the Surface Book 2 over a year and a half ago, it had two models for the first time: 13.5 inches and 15 inches. While the smaller one could be purchased with a Core i5 and no dedicated GPU at a reduced price point, the 15-inch one could not. It only comes with a Core i7-8650U, 16GB RAM, a 256GB SSD, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 in the entry-level model.

But Microsoft does like to reduce the barrier of entry for its first-party hardware over time, introducing a model with a 128GB SSD last February so the 13.5-inch model started at $1,199. And now, it seems like the barrier of entry is being lowered on the 15-inch model, finally.

As spotted by WinFuture, retail listings have shown up for a 15-inch Surface Book 2 with a Core i5-8350U, 16GB RAM, a 256GB SSD, and integrated graphics. According to a listing on Best Buy in Canada, it will be released on June 18. In the U.S., it will be priced at $1,999, a solid discount from the current $2,499 starting point for the 15-inch Surface Book 2.

WinFuture also notes that there's a Surface Pro 6 with an eighth-gen Core i5, 16GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD coming. This is a model that's already available in the business SKU, and apparently, there's no release date listed.

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Samsung's Galaxy S10 5G now available from Verizon

Previous Article

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is free to claim on the Humble Store