Issue Hardlink/Junction not working when chroot all users to c:/share dir in Windows OpenSSH Server 2019.

Hardlink/Junction not working when chroot all users to c:/share dir in Windows OpenSSH Server 2019.

Link Created
mklink /d E "E:"
mklink /d F "F:"

Entry in sshd_config file
ChrootDirectory c:/share

Now When I connect to my Server via SCP using SFTP. I landed on the Share Dir.
I am able to browse E and F Drive from Share Dir.
However I am NOT able to view or copy any file for E & F .

What I figured out is that via Hardlink or junction Link I can only see the Dir, But I can't view the content of the file and can't even copy the file.

My Requirement is to
Use Windows 2019 Server with OPENSSH Integrated with Active Directory
Create hard Link for 5 Hard drive (2Tb Each ) to Share Folder
So when user connect via SCP, then land in C:/Share Dir, and then from their they can go D,E,F,G Drive

I need the SSH functionality integrated with active directory to authenticate users

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 5:40 PM, KS10 said:

Hardlink/Junction not working when chroot all users to c:/share dir in Windows OpenSSH Server 2019.

Link Created
mklink /d E "E:"
mklink /d F "F:"

Entry in sshd_config file
ChrootDirectory c:/share

Now When I connect to my Server via SCP using SFTP. I landed on the Share Dir.
I am able to browse E and F Drive from Share Dir.
However I am NOT able to view or copy any file for E & F .

What I figured out is that via Hardlink or junction Link I can only see the Dir, But I can't view the content of the file and can't even copy the file.

My Requirement is to
Use Windows 2019 Server with OPENSSH Integrated with Active Directory
Create hard Link for 5 Hard drive (2Tb Each ) to Share Folder
So when user connect via SCP, then land in C:/Share Dir, and then from their they can go D,E,F,G Drive

I need the SSH functionality integrated with active directory to authenticate users

It has been a while since I did this so my memory is not pulling up a direct answer for you but most likely it is because there are about 3 or 4 or maybe more ways to create low level Junction Points in Windows and most likely you used the wrong one!

"With great power comes great complications" so the most sophisticated O/S on Planet Earth has a crazy list of many ways to do the same things all for some specific very focused reason.

But when you get the Junction Points just right even to internal O/S bits, they survive all sorts of major O/S updates!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 1:31 AM, DevTech said:

It has been a while since I did this so my memory is not pulling up a direct answer for you but most likely it is because there are about 3 or 4 or maybe more ways to create low level Junction Points in Windows and most likely you used the wrong one!

"With great power comes great complications" so the most sophisticated O/S on Planet Earth has a crazy list of many ways to do the same things all for some specific very focused reason.

But when you get the Junction Points just right even to internal O/S bits, they survive all sorts of major O/S updates blue stacks

Instead of configuring the OpenSSH server for each user individually we will create a new group and add all our chrooted users to this group.