• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Question regarding peoples thoughts about Swap Groups Specific to a certain city or town.

Recommended Posts

+warwagon    12,781

Want to ask peoples opinions regarding Swap Groups Specific to a certain city or town. Am I the only one annoyed, when you join a swap group for the particular town you live, but then find people posting stuff from all over the place in a bunch of different cities/towns.

 

It personally drives me nuts. I would assume if I'm looking at a swap group for X town, wouldn't it be assumed that I'm wanting things located in THAT town?  I mean if I wanted ones in other towns would that be what an "Area swap" would be for? Why even call it X swap if everything is scattered over a bunch of different locations?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jnelsoninjax    11,545
On 5/20/2019 at 12:54 PM, warwagon said:

Want to ask peoples opinions regarding Swap Groups Specific to a certain city or town. Am I the only one annoyed, when you join a swap group for the particular town you live, but then find people posting stuff from all over the place in a bunch of different cities/towns.

 

It personally drives me nuts. I would assume if I'm looking at a swap group for X town, wouldn't it be assumed that I'm wanting things located in THAT town?  I mean if I wanted ones in other towns would that be what an "Area swap" would be for? Why even call it X swap if everything is scattered over a bunch of different locations?

Craigslist is good for that one too, and yes it does bug the pi*s out of me as well, if I am looking for my area, I want to see my area, not the next city over, not fill-in-the-blank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    12,781
25 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Craigslist is good for that one too, and yes it does bug the pi*s out of me as well, if I am looking for my area, I want to see my area, not the next city over, not fill-in-the-blank.

Boggles my mind how any one can make the argument for it. My mom totally think's ok for people to post other cities in town/city specific swap. I'm like.. it does't make any sense!! If I wanted to see what was in the other towns i'd go to an area swap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matthew S.    753

Thought you were referring to something else, was very disappointed...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jnelsoninjax    11,545
48 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Boggles my mind how any one can make the argument for it. My mom totally think's ok for people to post other cities in town/city specific swap. I'm like.. it does't make any sense!! If I wanted to see what was in the other towns i'd go to an area swap.

I know at least in Craigslist case, most of the cross posting are commercial posts, but that still does not excuse it, my city is huge, there is no reason at all to show me listing for areas such as Orlando, Tampa, Etc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    11,269
3 hours ago, Matthew S. said:

Thought you were referring to something else, was very disappointed...

I came in looking for the same thing. 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matthew S.    753
11 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

I came in looking for the same thing. 👀

It is an @warwagonthread after all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    12,781
13 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

I came in looking for the same thing. 👀

What were you guys expecting, Prostitution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.