• Like 5

+warwagon

Well, that said a whole lot of nothing.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

George P
1 minute ago, warwagon said:

It said he left as an Admiral.   Didn't listen to Kirk yo, never let them promote you.

• Like 1

FloatingFatMan
11 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Really? I thought it said quite a lot.  I guess you'd have to be a TNG fan to get all the subtext. :p

• Like 2

shockz

Loved that trailer. Can't wait!! Loved seeing the winery we saw in Family. Looks like he didn't listen to Kirk either. Excited to see what happens with him and Romulus' destruction. 

• Like 3

Zathras5

Title is a bit on the nose wouldn't you say. lol

+primortal

Sorry, can't resist this; We will sell no wine before its time.

It sounds very promising and what is the "darkness" and what unimaginable happened?  Because whatever it was, seemed to have caused him to retire and head back to the vineyards.

Could it be the final destruction of the Borg?  There was a storyline in the paperback call Destiny which leads up to their destruction once an for all.

shockz
6 minutes ago, primortal said:

Sorry, can't resist this; We will sell no wine before its time.

It sounds very promising and what is the "darkness" and what unimaginable happened?  Because whatever it was, seemed to have caused him to retire and head back to the vineyards.

Could it be the final destruction of the Borg?  There was a storyline in the paperback call Destiny which leads up to their destruction once an for all.

Rumor has it the destruction of Romulus affected him deeply.

+primortal
2 minutes ago, shockz said:

Rumor has it the destruction of Romulus affected him deeply.

That sort of rubs me the wrong way and doesn't fit Picard's character, but that's just me.  If true, it lends to this series to be about "therapy" for him and dealing with the destruction of Romulus which might get drawn out longer than it should.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome the series and hope it more than what the rumor says the series is about.

shockz
1 minute ago, primortal said:

That sort of rubs me the wrong way and doesn't fit Picard's character, but that's just me.  If true, it lends to this series to be about "therapy" for him and dealing with the destruction of Romulus which might get drawn out longer than it should.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome the series and hope it more than what the rumor says the series is about.

I agree, the only thing I can think of is it has something to do with him being so invested with reunification, sarek/spock, etc..

• Like 1

FloatingFatMan
14 minutes ago, shockz said:

I agree, the only thing I can think of is it has something to do with him being so invested with reunification, sarek/spock, etc..

It's clear that Picard led the Federation evacuation of Romulus as that fits the known timeline and he has a vested interest in the place as well.  I suspect the traumatic event might have something to do with Spock disappearing into the past, perhaps there's a vestige of the mind meld they shared still active and he somehow senses the end of Vulcan in the other timeline, but I wonder if it's more likely going to be something closer to home, and that means the Enterprise and her crew...  Perhaps something happens and he loses ALL of them, which would explain why we won't see them cropping up in the new show.

Whatever it is, it's clear that Starfleet are asking him back, hence the obvious interview background of the trailer.

More and more I feel that the new show will either be diplomacy based and we'll see him in a new ship, or it has something to do with the academy.

• Like 3

Gotenks98

I just hope it isn't as extreme as Discovery. That show just took the whole star trek formula and made it too extreme. They did stuff in that show that none of the other captains would have done. Even Janeway's screw ups were never this bad.

FloatingFatMan
4 minutes ago, Gotenks98 said:

I just hope it isn't as extreme as Discovery. That show just took the whole star trek formula and made it too extreme. They did stuff in that show that none of the other captains would have done. Even Janeway's screw ups were never this bad.

If they do to Picard what they did in Discovery, I don't think anything will save them from the fans wrath.

shockz

Picard series is said to be toned down compared to dsc

imachip

Hopefully it'll not be going on about not having a family or his brother 'Ro-bear' (#thundercats)

Let's hope they'll be some adventure and some old cast turn up.  Maybe Q would spice things up by turning his wine into youth juice and he takes command of some trusty rustbucket against an unknown evil and dish it hardcore baritone Shakespearean beatings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs

• Facepalm 1

George P

It's going to be 10 episodes, don't know if that was stated yet or if everyone knew it.  Also Stewart has input on where the character and the story is going to go, so I wouldn't expect any massive changes, we'll probably dive into him on a more personal level compared to TNG, but I'm fine with that.

redfish

Older Picard has Irumodic Syndrome, right?

• Like 2

Zathras5
1 hour ago, redfish said:

Older Picard has Irumodic Syndrome, right?

That was an alternate future Picard according to Memory Alpha wiki...

See section Apocrypha near bottom of page... https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Jean-Luc_Picard

LOC

I don't know how the show is going to turn out, but i got god damn chills watching that. Also, nice little touch at the end including his flute from Inner Light :)

• Like 2

redfish
16 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

That was an alternate future Picard according to Memory Alpha wiki...

See section Apocrypha near bottom of page... https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Jean-Luc_Picard

He experienced it in an alternate future, but in the present timeline was confirmed to have genetic factors that preconditioned him to it.

• Like 1

sava700

Not sure what to think here.. if they have some action involved I'm all for it.

A doc about him and just him now with some backwards reflections I don't see taking off much.

redfish
51 minutes ago, sava700 said:

Not sure what to think here.. if they have some action involved I'm all for it.

A doc about him and just him now with some backwards reflections I don't see taking off much.

How about a show all about him fighting with his brother about the vineyard and family wine business 😆

• Facepalm 1

DevTech
2 hours ago, redfish said:

How about a show all about him fighting with his brother about the vineyard and family wine business 😆

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_Crest

"Following the relaunch of Dallas in 2012, it was reported that stars of Falcon Crest had been approached about appearing in a revival of their show. It was proposed that the series would focus on Cole Gioberti (William Moses) and Richard Channing (David Selby),[9] however the proposed revival never went into production."

Falcon Crest - The Gioberti Family's European Invasion:

Picard battles the evil forces of the California Wine Valley during the day, while composing "The New Shakespeare Extensions" at night working with the A.I. from the Enterprise Core which is buried under his farm. Eventually the silo beside his barn turns out to be a new spaceship/timeship design incorporating a Mind Meld of Brexit T.A.R.D.I.S. Technology combined with Crusher Nanotech Warp Engines (that eat mushrooms), which he launches to the exact coordinates in Time-Space-Dimension-Reality to warn Vulcan early enough to prevent the insanely stupid reboot caused by the ferociously virulent Environmental Fungus known as the "J.J. Abrams Hack Virus" (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._J._Abrams)

LOC

God damn, I loved Falcon Crest when I was a kid! Dunno why that was brought into the thread, other than wine being involved? :D

• 1 month later...
Zathras5

VYzIuUT.jpg

• Like 3

• Steven P. changed the title to Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)
  • Steven P. unlocked this topic