Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

12 hours ago, shockz said:

Obviously it's just a dog tag and nothing more, not sure why so ":S"...

Thanks captain obvious, what I meant was that it's a bit corny.

21 hours ago, shockz said:

His old comm badge?

22 hours ago, shockz said:

No, Data's a dog now lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

No, Data's a dog now lol.

That would be epic, who doesn't like talking dogs?

You're no fun, talk about taking the fi out of scifi.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there was suppose to be a trailer out, but it's not working so I guess they pulled it?

*edit*

Thanks for posting that!

Well, that was better than I expected so my hopes are up - Hopefully the Data/B4 sequence wasn't a dream and if this goes well they can open it up a bit further and perhaps get some more of the Voyager crew on board for a S2.

1 hour ago, George P said:

Well, there was suppose to be a trailer out, but it's not working so I guess they pulled it?

*edit*

Well I need a cold shower...

• Like 2

I can't see the trailer?? It says it was pulled.

Any other link?

Nvm I think I found it

4 minutes ago, sava700 said:

I can't see the trailer?? It says it was pulled.

Any other link?

Nvm I think I found it

Shows as blocked for me, stupid dumb Geo blocks :/

BTW I have already seen it via Sir Patrick's Facebook page :)

Ok so you gotta have all access to view this or will it be on regular CBS? I'm a little confused.

Also the web site for the show says early 2020 not 2019..

The show is only on CBS All Access in the US (and maybe Canada?) but in Europe etc I believe Picard will be on Amazon Prime this time and not Netflix. And yes, the show won't be out until 2020 it looks like. The "Short Treks" will be out before the show comes along with Discovery S3.

• Like 1

OMG i saw the trailer and blew me away. Gave me goose bumps i haven't had for ages 😀 Can't wait for this!

• Like 3

• Steven P. changed the title to Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)
  • Steven P. unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      CBS All Access is becoming Paramount+ on March 4, coming to more markets
      by João Carrasqueira

ViacomCBS today announced the launch date for its rebranded streaming service, Paramount+, which is basically just a new name for CBS All Access. The rebranding strategy was announced last year, and it aims to bring the company's content under a more recognizable brand, especially around the world, since the service is also expanding to more countries.

In addition to changing names in the U.S. and Canada on March 4, Paramount+ will launch in Latin America on the same day. The service will also come to the Nordics on March 25 and to Australia in mid-2021. Canada's offering will also be expanded in some way later in the year, though the company didn't provide any more details on that front.

In addition to the content already available on CBS All Access, ViacomCBS also announced last year that more original content was in the works for the relaunched service. This includes The Real Criminal Minds, a docuseries inspired by CBS' Criminal Minds TV show, and Kamp Koral, a new series by the creator of Spongebob Squarepants, aimed at children.

Competition in the streaming space is fierce, with new services popping up around every corner, so using a more recognizable brand makes sense. Paramount+ also follows the template of other streaming services such as Disney+, discovery+, and Apple TV+.

• By +primortal
      It's official, Captain Pike gets his own series.
      Source: https://www.startrek.com/news/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-anson-mount-rebecca-romijn-ethan-peck-cbs-all-access

• By Ather Fawaz
      Star Trek: Voyager receives a 4K remaster courtesy of an AI-based software
      by Ather Fawaz

Image via Imgur Originally released in 1995, Star Trek: Voyager, has now received a third-party 4K remaster. A Redditer (u/theboomsterz) who goes by the name of Billy Richard on YouTube has used a video AI program from Topaz Labs to remaster five episodes of the show thus far. Here's a short clip of the resultant video taken from the Season 6, Episode 4, Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy.

The video was remastered to 4K from a DVD source using Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs, and the episode above had three complete runs with the software. It is a time-consuming and expensive process, with Richard claiming that it took him around six hours to process the work from start to finish.

As stated before, five episodes have been remastered as of now, but only short clips have been uploaded for viewership on YouTube. But Richard intends on saving up for upgrading from his current trial version of Gigapixel and subsequently making more episodes in the future. While the link to download or view full episodes has not been given, nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how CBS and Paramount respond to this.

Source: Reddit

• By George P
      https://www.polygon.com/tv/2018/6/19/17479570/new-star-trek-tv-shows-cbs

According to Variety, four new Trek series are actively in development at the network, presumably as programming for CBS All Access, the streaming-only service that premiered Star Trek Discovery in late 2017.

More at the link above.
    • By +MJK
      NeoBytes :) The Discovery on Star Trek apparently runs Windows
      by Muhammad Jarir Kanji

NeoBytes :) is an occasional feature that takes a step back from the big headlines, to take a look at what else is happening in the vast, scary expanse of the tech world - often with a cynical eye, always with a dose of humour.

Image credit: CBS If CBS is to be believed, Microsoft's Windows platform has a long, long, long future ahead of it. The third, and latest, episode of the new Star Trek: Discovery series currently airing on the network has Windows-related code running on the Starfleet ship. Discovery's timeline places it around the year 2255, meaning Windows will be around two centuries into the future.

The episode in question has main character Micheal Burnham analysing a string of code which, alongside being central to the plot of the episode, turns out to be Windows code. As spotted by some hawk-eyed Twitter users, the string is decompiled code from the Stuxnet virus used to target Iran's nuclear capabilities.

Since Stuxnet's mode of operation was written for the Windows operating system, it would seem Windows will continue to be the platform of choice for the enterprise - ahem, Enterprise - well into the future.

Star Trek: Discovery is already one of the most pirated series currently airing and we can only expect that number to rise given the show's inexplicable ability to predict the future. A bunch of Apple and Google execs are probably huddled around a conference table somewhere poring over every detail of the show to figure out how their rival beat them so long into the future. I think it's because the Surface Phone is actually a rebranded Zune that links with your HoloLens to hypnotise users into loving everything Microsoft. That's how Microsoft will take over the world.

Source: Rob Graham via The Verge