Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

I figure most of the older characters with the exception of one or two, are no longer part of star fleet and have retired or been forced to retire because of old age.   It's a good way to bring in newer characters because the old ones are, in fact, too old now, haha.   I expect a good bit of cameos from more TNG people.

Personally I'd much rather see DS9 and Voyager cameos since we're never going to get continuations of those shows. (Other than Star Trek Online or comics etc)

How awesome would it be to expect Q to show up (which rumors are swirling that he will, because of a red glove in a production shot...) but in fact Benjamin Sisko shows up instead. I'd melt into a puddle of Trekgoo if that happened. But it won't :(

18 hours ago, LOC said:

I think I literally had a Trekgasm over that trailer. I can'ttttttttttt wait.

I don't know. I think the whole "she doesn't know who she is and what she is capable of" has a big J.J. Abrams feeling to it. This said he's not behind the project so i'll give it a try. I think they did a great job bringing the old cast without trying to pretend they are still young. Also the actor playing data looks in great shape. His cheeks are a little loose but it look like it will be good enough to work despite his age.

You never know who will show up IMO, it could be fully of cameos from every trek from TNG to Voyager.  Hell isn't Jainway sp? suppose to be a admiral still around this time?

On 7/22/2019 at 2:05 AM, kjordan2001 said:

Either they're going to ignore the last movie or more of Data was transferred to B-4 than they thought and he took over it.

Probably the later. Data is a robot. The body is not important the "data" is ;)

On 10/6/2019 at 1:46 PM, George P said:

You never know who will show up IMO, it could be fully of cameos from every trek from TNG to Voyager.  Hell isn't Jainway sp? suppose to be a admiral still around this time?

Yes, Janeway was an admiral in Nemesis.  So she could either still be an active admiral or since it is about 20 years later, she could be retired at this point.

6 minutes ago, kjordan2001 said:

Yes, Janeway was an admiral in Nemesis.  So she could either still be an active admiral or since it is about 20 years later, she could be retired at this point.

Right, so it comes down to who wanted to do a cameo and who didn't really.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:46 PM, George P said:

Well, Michael Dorn was on set at one point (he signed one of those clapboard things for someone apparently), but they swear blind he was NOT there as cast, just visiting.

Seems suspicious to me...

• 3 months later...

I believe we will see characters from the next generation as guests. All of them will show up at some point. I also believe there will be some kind of time travel connection to Discovery at some point in the future. It’s gonna be an interesting series to watch.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:38 PM, LaP said:

I don't know. I think the whole "she doesn't know who she is and what she is capable of" has a big J.J. Abrams feeling to it. This said he's not behind the project so i'll give it a try. I think they did a great job bringing the old cast without trying to pretend they are still young. Also the actor playing data looks in great shape. His cheeks are a little loose but it look like it will be good enough to work despite his age.

The actor’s name is Brent Spinner. He was the original DATA on the series. Years ago he had expressed that he no longer wanted to portray DATA because androids do not age and he was aging and it was showing and there is so much makeup can hide. Of course back then there was no real CGI technology to de-age people like we have today so I am assuming that now that we have such technology available, he has changed him mind because we can now make him look just like he did 25 years ago through CGI and he can perform his role without issues.

21 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

The actor's name is Brent Spiner, with a single N in the surname.

Well excuse me professor.....LOL 🤣

34 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

series. Years ago he had expressed that he no longer wanted to portray DATA because androids do not age and he was aging and it was showing and there is so much makeup can hide.

I sort of wished for the reverse in that they developed as skin for Data that actually “aged” being he was always on a quest to be more “human”.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spacelordmaster said:

Well excuse me professor.....LOL 🤣

You are excused.  It doesn't take a professor to get a name right when you're talking about a specific person. :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 1:21 PM, LOC said:

Personally I'd much rather see DS9 and Voyager cameos since we're never going to get continuations of those shows. (Other than Star Trek Online or comics etc)

How awesome would it be to expect Q to show up (which rumors are swirling that he will, because of a red glove in a production shot...) but in fact Benjamin Sisko shows up instead. I'd melt into a puddle of Trekgoo if that happened. But it won't :(

Q has to show up. If you remember on the very last episode of TNG, he told Picard: “See you out there.”

We never saw him again so this is the perfect time for him to come back. Check it out. This is what I am referring to:

6 hours ago, spacelordmaster said:

Q has to show up. If you remember on the very last episode of TNG, he told Picard: “See you out there.”

We never saw him again so this is the perfect time for him to come back. Check it out. This is what I am referring to:

If he comes back, he's going to need even more CGI work than Spiner...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

If he comes back, he's going to need even more CGI work than Spiner...

It could just be a different Q, or Q could just change his look.  I don't think anything in the canon says he/they can't.

16 minutes ago, George P said:

It could just be a different Q, or Q could just change his look.  I don't think anything in the canon says he/they can't.

Q changes his look a lot during the TNG series.  So I am sure they could explain why he looks old.  Maybe adapt/blend in with the humans.  Same can be said with Data.

Glad to see Data coming back.  Hopefully they close the story and explains what happens to him after Nemesis.

4 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

Are you people forgetting Q does actually age? lol

Interesting point... Q's son in Voyager (from baby to adolescent) definitely aged in terms of how appeared to the crew.

51 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Hopefully they close the story and explains what happens to him after Nemesis.

Aside from Data being dead?  Based on the trailers, I only seen Data in the vineyard with Picard.  Picard is wearing a Starfleet uniform; so that's obviously a dream sequence.  The other time Data (or B4) is shown as being dismantled in a drawer.  I thought I remembered another scene, can't find the trailer where Picard and Data are talking but it didn't look like they were in a setting like a house, ship or elsewhere.  More like talking to an "imaginary friend" type conversation.

I'm all for Data's return from the dead, I just don't see it.

Can't wait to watch it tonight :D