GPU Wont fully run and i'm not sure if its the GPU itself or other components.

Okay i'm going to try my best to fully explain this please let me know if i need to include any other info needed to help. Im a first time builder and i built my Computer about 2 years ago and never upgraded since. So it was working fine until my monitor suddenly shut off while my computer was still on, it did not work for the rest of the night. The next day however it started working again for the whole time i was on. But after that night it never turned on again (the gpu specifically). So when i try to turn on my computer the gpu dosnt start fully and (i apologize if this is confusing) it sounds like its trying to turn on, like a motorcycle reving almost? if that makes any sense. The times i can tell if its kinda working is when the fan turns on when it usually dosnt. But the monitor still never turns on. (I use two monitors, DvI ports) When trying to get the gpu to work ive been using only one. Once when the fan turned on ive left it alone but then it went into overdrive almost and got burning hot. I then tried to see if it would happen again but i waited the same amount of time and it was completley fine. When it was on and seemed fine i tried to turn the power button off with a single push but it never turned off like it usually does.

Sorry for the confusing info i tried my best if it helps:

GPU: XFX Radeon rx 360

Those graphic cards ONLY turn up the fans when needed. As for gaming or heavy graphic use. Make sure the temps are OK. It could possibly be a bad sensor in there. You would need to RMA that if you keep overheating. I had this happen to my GFX 960, too...

2 hours ago, Cyanet said:

Okay i'm going to try my best to fully explain this please let me know if i need to include any other info needed to help. Im a first time builder and i built my Computer about 2 years ago and never upgraded since. So it was working fine until my monitor suddenly shut off while my computer was still on, it did not work for the rest of the night. The next day however it started working again for the whole time i was on. But after that night it never turned on again (the gpu specifically). So when i try to turn on my computer the gpu dosnt start fully and (i apologize if this is confusing) it sounds like its trying to turn on, like a motorcycle reving almost? if that makes any sense. The times i can tell if its kinda working is when the fan turns on when it usually dosnt. But the monitor still never turns on. (I use two monitors, DvI ports) When trying to get the gpu to work ive been using only one. Once when the fan turned on ive left it alone but then it went into overdrive almost and got burning hot. I then tried to see if it would happen again but i waited the same amount of time and it was completley fine. When it was on and seemed fine i tried to turn the power button off with a single push but it never turned off like it usually does.

Sorry for the confusing info i tried my best if it helps:

GPU: XFX Radeon rx 360

Please provide data.

1. mobo model, cpu model, power supply model, ram, any overclock or non-standard timings

2. cpu temps, gpu temps

3. check for newer mobo BIOS. These days you don't usually need a working computer to update the BIOS.

4. check for GPU BIOS update. 

5. remove GPU and run with the Intel GPU for a day to verify that monitors don't glitch

6. if GPU is out of warranty, you can consider removing heat sinks, scraping off the gunk and appliying fresh Arctic Silver

7. If you have been overclocking the GPU or CPU, over 2 years something might have been stressed, like Capacitors, the Silicon only gets damaged if you Overvolt anything.

8. Power supplies can easily degrade over 2 years if they are sub-standard. A borderline PSU could interfere with the normal operation of things

9. Assumed you checked for Dust Bunnies in CPU cooler, GPU cooler and PSU internal heatsinks and fans.

18 minutes ago, DevTech said:

8. Power supplies can easily degrade over 2 years if they are sub-standard. A borderline PSU could interfere with the normal operation of things

I agree with this, but from what he said, I dont think the PSU is his issue, but who the f knows for sure unless he answers.... 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

I agree with this, but from what he said, I dont think the PSU is his issue, but who the f knows for sure unless he answers.... 🤷‍♂️

Well, normally I hate it when people jump to the PSU as a general catch-all for any problem and I think your turn of roll that random dice happened in the "Bot" thread, but nobody was sane in that thread, maybe not insane, but in the realm of unsane...

His computer appeared to run more and more erratically over a period of days so that can't be a Silicon failure. More and more erratically always make Capacitors come to mind, and so that points to Mobo-CPU voltage regulators, Mobo-RAM voltage regulators, same two functions on GPU card and the main PSU...

And in the case of people I've run across where "saving a penny" is a cool thing, I've seen low quality PC components ALL fail around that 2-3 year point, where Mobo and PSU both need replacing at the same time...

But unlikely here, just listed it to be complete...

9 minutes ago, DevTech said:

Well, normally I hate it when people jump to the PSU as a general catch-all for any problem and I think your turn of roll that random dice happened in the "Bot" thread, but nobody was sane in that thread, maybe not insane, but in the realm of unsane...

His computer appeared to run more and more erratically over a period of days so that can't be a Silicon failure. More and more erratically always make Capacitors come to mind, and so that points to Mobo-CPU voltage regulators, Mobo-RAM voltage regulators, same two functions on GPU card and the main PSU...

And in the case of people I've run across where "saving a penny" is a cool thing, I've seen low quality PC components ALL fail around that 2-3 year point, where Mobo and PSU both need replacing at the same time...

But unlikely here, just listed it to be complete...

;) Until we know more about his system, we wait... :whistle: