Neverwinter PC game and hardware configuration

HI,

This is kind of a hardware question but it has to do with installing the game Neverwinter on a Windows box so I am posting it here. MOds repost elsewhere if you see fit.

HI,
This is kind of a long story but I will try to keep it short.

In my PC I had 2 Samsung SSD's, one for the OS and one for games, and one Western Digital Black high-speed mechanical drive for storage. Over this week I lost both SSD's. They were acting sluggish but they lasted me 6 years so I think I got they just lived out their life since SSD's have a finite life span. Needless to say, I went through 40+ hours of work trying to revive them to no avail. Some things I tried were several Windows PE boot disks and Linux boot tools like Hirens and UBCD. The final verdict they are physically damaged beyond repair.

Next, I ordered a new gaming SSD, the Crucial MX-500 and should have it today. I plan on installing Windows on it and wondered if anyone else had a similar setup, i.e... an SSD boot and second mechanical drive. I am not sure how I should install Neverwinter. Should I install it on my boot drive or on the separate mechanical drive? I am not familiar with how the game runs on a mechanical drive. If anyone has any suggestions before I get my new drive please feel free to dump them here.

This is my mechanical drive, click here--> WD-Black

This is the SSD I am getting, click here--> Crucial-MX-500

The SSD is actually $39.99 on Amazon.

I'm not familiar with Neverwinter myself but if there are many 'loading' points then it will benefit from being on the SSD otherwise it should run just fine still on the HDD :)

i think at 40 bucks, I would have also replaced the WD Black...  I haven't had a spinning disc in so long, I cant imagine how to answer the actual question.

Yeah I think for now I will install it on my WD Black. I will just make a game partition at the front of the disk and use that. I will order another SSD next month.

I would not worry about it for load point reasons.  This is an MMORPG, you are going to have data from servers as well as the actual data that is there.

I found no applicable difference between a good spinning drive (7200 rpm) and SSD for that type of load. 

I have run Elder Scrolls Online on my SSD and a Spinning drive.  It just is not the biggest reason to look at different drives.  

Unless you don't mind the sound HDDs make i would put it on the SSD. These days i use HDDs for storage only (backup or things i don't access often) and i set windows to turn them off when not used. Everything i use on a regular basis is on a SSD. I just can't stand the sound HDDs make.

I am using the WD Balck for my games for now until I get another SSD. Seems ok for now.