Thunderbird and Gmail, suddenly have to reauthorize?

So I use Thunderbird to check all of my email accounts, which include 2 GMail accounts. Suddenly today while I was in the middle of playing a game (with thunderbird running in the background) a web page opens, asking me to login to my Gmail account again, which I did, then a few hours later it asked me to do it with my other account (it has 2FA), the other thing is that it did not just ask me, but the other people in the house whom also use Thunderbird to access Gmail. Thunderbird is up to date, and has not had a patch lately, so I can not figure out why all of the sudden it is asking for the accounts to be reauthorized. It only seems to be Thunderbird that is affected, as I use a different program on my android phone to access my email accounts, and it has not requested to reauthorize. Anybody have any clue as what could be causing this issue? I have Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes installed and have scanned with both to make sure.

Cloud I guess  ... 

No, it's not just you -- many of the internet services you use went down this weekend. Google has reported an outage with its Cloud Platform that made several sites and apps inoperable in some regions on June 2nd (they're still affected as we write this). Most of them are in-house services like Gmail, G Suite and YouTube, but this also affected Discord, Snapchat and other apps that depend on Google's infrastructure. The issues were mostly noticeable in the US and Europe.

//

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/02/google-cloud-outage/

I saw just a few quirks with YouTube ... but nothing major.  I don't check GMail with software though.