Modem\Router

Currentlly use an Archer2600 and am going to an Asus AC3100. Are there any procedures I need to do before shifting such as remove account and settings first etc. Not some thing Ive done before. All my hardware  is either ASUS or Corsair, like to keep it the same. CPU is Intel.

7 hours ago, NinjaGinger said:

Currentlly use an Archer2600 and am going to an Asus AC3100. Are there any procedures I need to do before shifting such as remove account and settings first etc. Not some thing Ive done before. All my hardware  is either ASUS or Corsair, like to keep it the same. CPU is Intel.

Funny, that be, young Padawon. With a Corsair logo everywhere, nothing is the same. All they do is slap their logo on a bewildering variety of other people's stuff. It's a cute logo, really.

corsair.thumb.png.60615af1c8a20dd0cdce2c621a0db239.png

ASUS  is a bit boring...

asus.thumb.png.685faaf76e1d7708d5d81ba0e9c06926.png

unless you buy ROG

rogbadge.thumb.jpg.aa693214525989d63f9e912b441df212.jpg

And then there are routers...

WHat I do is log into the old router and click on the check box that says "use as access point" - and then give it a fixed low IP  outside DHCP range.

Then, I find a spot in the house that could use better wireless coverage and stick it on a shelf in that room and plug it into the LAN via CAT-6 ethernet cable in the cutest color I don't yet have.

The new router, config as usual...